Name that TV show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name that TV show!

As a kid, my dad's nickname for me was Sapphire 'cuz I used to get so tan! While this is no longer a PC reference, decades ago it was acceptable and even a compliment considering Sapphire was a character in my all time favorite TV show.

And, Helen, you're too young but I'm sure you'll be able to name the show anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
      How about this... The sidekick's name was Kato?
      And Kato was played by the immortal Bruce Lee!
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

How 'bout A German looking guy popping up stating... "Very interesting."
        I'll venture to guess Colonel Klink in "Hogan's Heroes".
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

How 'bout A German looking guy popping up stating... "Very interesting."
          This was a great show, although I was way too young to get it back then in 1968 when Tricky Dick was president and Goldie Hawn and Lily Tomlin and Judy Carne were go-go dancers on the show! Whatever happened to Joanne Worley and Ruth Buzzy? A lot of stars got their start on LAUGH IN!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
            The lead was injured so a double was used wearing a mask while the lead recorded his lines from his hospital bed.
            The sidekick humorously mangled English. Oh, my grandmother dated him! That one clue, alone, is probably the give-away!
            And the show was...?

I might be wrong for this one, but was it The Green Hornet?
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
              I might be wrong for this one, but was it The Green Hornet?
              Sorry...try again. There's no deadline!

More clues...
              Very few of us on HT are old enough to have watched the orginal show (in b&w, no less!). I don't know if the show was later released into reruns.

The sidekick was of hispanic descent, hence the interesting variations of the English language! I still don't know if that was intentional or not. It would probably not be PC now but it was very funny then.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                This was a great show, although I was way too young to get it back then in 1968 when Tricky Dick was president and Goldie Hawn and Lily Tomlin and Judy Carne were go-go dancers on the show! Whatever happened to Joanne Worley and Ruth Buzzy? A lot of stars got their start on LAUGH IN!
                Yes! You got it Lavagal.
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Try this one...

A TV show where the characters are string puppets and they have 5 different spaceships?

Comment

You must refering to Thunderbirds (or Thunderbirds are Go). However only Thunderbird 3 was a spaceship, Thunderbird 5 was an orbiting base. Thunderbird 1 and 2 were aircraft and Thunderbird 4 is an underwater craft.

And there was a Thunderbird 6, which was the subject of a movie about it.
                    Which happened to be a biplane

Try this one...

A TV show where the characters are string puppets and they have 5 different spaceships?
                    Last edited by helen; March 12, 2006, 07:56 AM. Reason: moved the quote to a different part of the post

Comment

The producers of The Thunderbirds and Fireball XL5, Gerry & Syliva Anderson went on to make Captain Scarlett & the Mysterons ("these are the voices of the mysterons") as well as the live action adventure scifi yarns U.F.O. and Space 1999 all of which I liked. They also produced a feature length movie in 1969 called Journey to the Far Side of the Sun which premise was that there was a parallel, mirror image Earth orbiting on the opposite side of the sun from Earth.

Dang.. I just realized I erased my original post on The Thunderbirds in this very message box... oh well.....
                      Last edited by mel; March 12, 2006, 08:04 AM.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                        The lead was injured so a double was used wearing a mask while the lead recorded his lines from his hospital bed.
                        The sidekick humorously mangled English. Oh, my grandmother dated him! That one clue, alone, is probably the give-away!
                        And the show was...?
                        Part of me wants to guess Zorro but the couple of episodes I have seen latey (a couple of years ago) the sidekick couldn't talk at all.

Comment

If it was Zorro, then Tutusue's grandma dated Guy Williams? Also of Lost in Space fame.....
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Thanks Helen and Mel !

Yeah I really couldn't remember too much, but you jogged my memory.

Comment

The Wikipedia has a lot of info and links to stuff Gerry Anderson did:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Anderson

Do a Google search on him and Sylvia and a bunch of pages come up regarding most of their TV series. The fan base for these shows are still quite strong. Most are available as boxed sets on DVD, though they tend to be pricey.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Forgot to mention that another Thunderbirds movie was also made called Thunderbirds Are Go which as I vague recall dealt with some out of control supersonic airliner.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X