Get Smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Smart

While looking for a better trailer for the Iron Man movie in the Apple movie trailer site I came across a trailer for Get Smart which opens in June 2008.

Re: Get Smart

I am a HUGE fan of Get Smart. The trailer looks GREAT, and Steve Carell is an excellent choice for Maxwell Smart. I can't wait for this.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I used to love Get Smart too! It looks like good casting - anything with The Rock in it and I'm there!! I hope they still use the shoe phone and the cone of silence!!!
      Last edited by kiwidiva; August 6, 2007, 02:42 PM.
      Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
      My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        I am a HUGE fan of Get Smart. The trailer looks GREAT, and Steve Carell is an excellent choice for Maxwell Smart. I can't wait for this.
        Honestly, I'm looking forward to the new Agent 99 (played by Anne Hathaway).
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The cone of silence I think would stand the test of time so it being in the movie should not be a problem.

In the preview it shows the phone booth enterance to CONTROL HQ but instead of falling in to enter it, the preview had Steve Carell coming up from it.

For the shoe phone, to parody today's view of phone service he might have the left shoe phone be able to make international calls between 7am to 7pm and the right shoe phone be able to make local calls between the hours of 7pm to 7am.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            I used to watch "Get Smart" on Nick at Nite all the time as a kid. I, too, am looking forward to the movie, and I agree about casting Steve Carell to play Maxwell Smart. *thumbs up*

Comment

I saw an on-the-set sneak peek for Get Smart on "Entertainment Tonight" last night. They interviewed Steve Carell, who said something like, "Who uses phone booths anymore? The receiver is like holding a Petri dish to your ear." (They showed him using a phone booth to transport himself.) And there will indeed be the shoe phone... of course.

Comment

hahah i reference the cones of silence from time to time in the office and people just look confused. i don't bother to enlighten them. maybe when the see the movie the lightbulb will go off.

Comment

New trailer is out for Get Smart. Noticed that Masi Oka was in the trailer as well as Terence Stamp as a KAOS bad guy. Mentioned but not seen is James Caan.

Comment

Saw this movie today at the Ward Theater with Albert.

As a comedy the movie does it job well. It does make some references to James Bond and there are some parodies to current events.

Comment

Was Get Smart the first tv sitcom to use catch phrases?

Comment

Working...
                      X