Hawaii Five-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii Five-0

For those who are interested, here is the link to pre-order the 2nd season of H50 on DVD from Amazon. Not only will it insure that you have your own DVD set in case it quickly sells out in the stores (like the 1st season), but you'll be able to purchase it at $34.99 instead of the retail $49.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...500876-7935203

Let's do our part to keep sales of the H50 DVDs strong so that all 12 seasons will eventually be released.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

From today's New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/29/ar...on&oref=slogin

Comment

I love how the writer of the article says..."Mr. Lord"

:snickers:

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
          I finally got at least DISC 1 via NetFlix and still in the middle of the pilot episode.......

Noticed a few interesting things goin here so far....

- The opening credits is waaay waaaaay different.Seemed like an extended version versus the condensed version everyone is familiar with.
          I kinda like the intro of Jack Lord spinning around on the top of the ILIKAI <--- Is it right? Waaay waaay better from the pilot

-

is this the version you are talking about? I saw this on youtube today. In the opening credits, they list Nancy Kwan and Leslie Nielsen. But I think this says its from the pilot episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ5uxk9BJyc
          n'importe

Comment

Lets say that the opening was a rough draft on how they scaled it down to the well known opening. Besides the way Jack Lord was presented in that version I did not like.

Comment

Hawaii Five-o All Season Box Set ?

http://www.tvboxset.com/index.php?ma...FQe1YAodgSRIFQ

I wonder if this is a legit release.
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Re: Hawaii Five-o All Season Box Set ?

I doubt it. This Tuesday (7-31-07) is the official release date for season two; it's far too early for Paramount to issue a complete set. Those generally follow all the individual season releases. The fact that they are listed as "region free" is a big red flag, suggesting that they are bootlegs from overseas.

Do a search on "tvboxset.com," and you'll find a number of rip-off reports on the web. The company is based in Ontario, Canada.
                Last edited by Leo Lakio; July 29, 2007, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Re: Hawaii Five-o All Season Box Set ?

Wow...thanx for the heads up Leo...

I ALMOST ordered...

This is what I found on ripoff report...YIKES !

"I made a purchase of $345 at TVBoxSet.com several weeks ago, I never heard back from them or got my order. I used a ShopSafe card, which is a credit card you generate for shopping online, the only place I ever put this number out was at TVBoxSet.com. I was charged the $345 for my order and over the next 6 days, I was charged 14 times for a total of $3702.94 USD.

After contacting my credit card company I did some research on this company. They open a site, get a lot of people to buy stuff and stall. Finally people realize what is happening and start to complain and they lose their ability to accept credit cards and start to get investigated so they start a new website up and repeat. They are harvesting credit card numbers and keeping whatever money made from orders they will never fill.

Look at their product selection, categories, DVD artwork, FAQ. anything. All these sites are the same. DVDCollections.tv is just the latest, it was recently registered because TVBoxSet.com was getting too many complaints. Check them out. DVDCollections.tv, TVBoxSet.com, TVAddicts.tv, RareDVDs.tv, DVDAvenue.tv. they are all the same.

Alan71
                  Beaverton, Oregon
                  U.S.A."

Comment

Re: &quot;Hawaii Five-O&quot; coming out on DVD

So, how many people here got Hawaii Five-0 season 2 on DVD, released a couple of days ago? The audio and video quality is fine. It was also neat to see the "next week's previews" that were narrated by Jack Lord, where he caps it off with "Be here. Aloha." each time.

What wasn't so great was that season 2 had 25 episodes that were originally aired by CBS, and the DVD presents only 24. One missing episode (titled "Bored, She Hung Herself") is missing and would have been a real treat, since that particular show was left out of syndication and has not been broadcast for decades.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      [...]What wasn't so great was that season 2 had 25 episodes that were originally aired by CBS, and the DVD presents only 24. One missing episode (titled "Bored, She Hung Herself") is missing and would have been a real treat, since that particular show was left out of syndication and has not been broadcast for decades.
                      Kinda sounds like there was a reason not to include it. Do you happen to know why it wasn't syndicated or broadcast for such a long time?

Comment

"Bored She Hung Herself" which I happen to have a 16mm network print of has been removed from network reruns as well as syndicated packages because supposedly someone viewed the episode and hung themselves like in the story which when you think of it seems pretty tame as to what we see on today's movies and tv shows.

Aj

Comment

Hawaii Five-O Season 2

Anyone have ths yet ?

I got mine, finally started watching it. The theme song got changed up a bit.

Enjoying it alot.

Comment

Hawaii Five-O Season 2

Anyone have ths yet ?

I got mine, finally started watching it. The theme song got changed up a bit.

Enjoying it alot.

Comment

Re: Hawaii Five-O Season 2

Shame they chose to not include BORED SHE HUNG HERSELF. It seems we see far worse images on television today.

Aj

Comment

Re: Hawaii Five-O Season 2

one of the most bothering episodes that still intrigues me is the one where this guy would strangle women and paint their faces to resemble his girlfriend or wife.
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X