What was that TV sitcom in the 70s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was that TV sitcom in the 70s?

It wasn't too popular, but I used to watch it.

A single father.

Two teenage daughters.

Portland, Oregon.

That's all I remember.

What is the title of that TV show?

TIA

Re: What was that TV sitcom in the 70s?

You're probably thinking about the short-lived McLean Stevenson series, Hello Larry.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      You're probably thinking about the short-lived McLean Stevenson series, Hello Larry.
      I believe it was a spin-off from Nell Carter's Gimme a Break.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I don't know why, but I thought that was somehow a spinoff of Diff'rent Strokes. Aha, he says, looking it up in Wikipedia ("Wikipedia is your friend," I always tell my students). It wasn't a spin-off of that show, but there was some crossover.

I was only a kid, but I remember that show fondly. Apparently most of the rest of the country doesn't. I do remember in the first episode when Larry was convincing his daughters that the move to Portland from Los Angeles was a good idea, he threw open the sliding glass door and said, "Do you smell that weird smell? That's fresh air! I choked on it for weeks, but you'll get used to it!"
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          I don't know why, but I thought that was somehow a spinoff of Diff'rent Strokes. Aha, he says, looking it up in Wikipedia ("Wikipedia is your friend," I always tell my students). It wasn't a spin-off of that show, but there was some crossover.
          I agree with the "crossover" description, since Hello Larry the series had already started when McLean's Larry Alder character made several appearances on Diff'rent Strokes. This is in contrast to a true spin-off, like the Facts of Life, where an established Diff'rent Strokes character (Edna Garrett) became popular in her own right and left the show to star in a new series.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Believe it or not I have episodes of this series on beta, Paris Hilton's aunty, Kim Richards played the daughter as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              Reading owns me (again). I had look him up and all I saw was MASH, so I figure it was the wrong guy.

Comment

Working...
              X