X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

I made beet/swiss chard/goat cheese ravioli yesterday with an orange
    herb sauce. That's the ticket for today!

Comment

Did the leftova thing...some hot sour soup, tomato beef, chicken chow mein, and some rock cod fillet in spicy bean sauce.

Good for now

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
        i nearly bit the head off the substitute hospice nurse. anyone care to join in?

sorry, just venting. bad start to the morning.
        that would have been a sight to see - entertainment at it's best

i had a tuna sandwich for lunch

gooday kane-lehua
        stay forever young

Comment

Lunch was actually a late breakfast of a cheese & mushroom omelet and a short stack at the Hukilau Cafe.
          They've got the best and friendliest staff of anyplace I think I've ever eaten.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
            that would have been a sight to see - entertainment at it's best

i had a tuna sandwich for lunch

gooday kane-lehua

ah, just call me kani-lecter
            "chaos reigns within.
            reflect, repent and reboot.
            order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Turkey with stuffing and gravy, brown rice, corn and a bottle of Diet Coke Lime.

Comment

Fried noodles, chunks of chicken and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Comment

Chili. Mike's Chili Parlor, a Seattle institution, profiled a couple years back on Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives" (which has NOT changed the place, I'm happy to say).

Comment

Curry Chicken with brown rice, a glass of water
                    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

tis been a while, but had to post (albeit belatedly) 'bout the lunch eric and i had at whole foods kahala mall.

pic below shows lemon something rice, broccoli crunch (blanched broccoli, a bit of nuts, cranberries and with a very light mayo-based dressing), as well as smoked chicken, pulled pork, barbecue baked beans, and potato salad.

both the chicken and pork were effusive of smoky goodness while being tender. the pork wasn't overly fatty considering twas either butt or shoulder. the beans also had that hammy smokiness and the potato salad had some crunch to it from the onion, celery and whatever else there was that i can't remember. the potato salad was neither too tart or salty; it wasn't bland but it was the perfect amount of starchy mayo--y-liciousness that provides the perfect counterpoint to the meaty parts of the meal.

the plate itself (chicken, pork, salad, beans) was $9.99. for about $4 more, we added the ala carte rice and broccoli. honestly, had we not eaten breakfast, the plate alone would have satisfied our tummies more than adequately. as it was, we waddled in gastronomic bliss from whole foods to macy's to buy eric new shoes. when you consider the fact that many of zippy's plates now cost ~$8.00, i consider the plate a good deal for the quality. i'll probably surprise, or maybe even upset some people with the following comment: i think the smoked chicken & pulled pork are on the same level as what deb's or molly's would serve, if not better.

almost forgot to mention we shared our skinny latte and another of the joseph schmidt truffles from the coffee/truffle/gelato bar. wow, so good!
                      Attached Files
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

We're having an American lunch, today...boxed tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I added a bit of water and some beef stock to the soup, and I'm hesitating about also tossing in a handful of vermicelli pasta. A few tiny wheels of dried sausage to begin, and then cinnamon-baked Golden Delicious apples and flan for dessert...Nestlé's canned cream optional.
                        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Beau and I finally went to Taishoken.

Wow! What a fantastic Miso Ramen!

The noodles were so delicious.

Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

must be a japanese food for lunch day. we went to kunio at waikele with our kupuna wahine. she and i had the grilled salmon and vegetable tempura. comes with different pickles, rice, tossed salad and miso soup. walked out so full. got home and took a nap.
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            order shall return."

Comment

i had sweet molokai bread and tuna for lunch........that miso ramen looks delicious aunty

hey there kani-lehua
                              stay forever young

Comment

today's lunch: manapua. dat's it.

SP: haven't had moloka'i bread in a long time. try tuna on sweetbread. yum.
                                "chaos reigns within.
                                order shall return."

Comment

Working...
                                X