Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An unsafe childhood

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
    if mr. watanabe has six keeds, that means he's forever in parenting mode, even if he is addressing a thirty-something only brat like me.
    I use Transactional Analysis all the time so if you act like a 30-year old brat I'll treat you like one.

But as an adult I try to communicate as one adult to another. And yes it's hard for me to escape the parental mode regardless that my oldest is 22-years old but has finally started to mature to a respectable person.

As for my kids none of them have had an unsafe childhood only because I taught them ocean safety, gun safety and common sense that if you're gonna play hard...then play safe.

And that's coming from the kid who learned about hot surfaces, sharp objects, and loose women the hard way.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      I use Transactional Analysis all the time so if you act like a 30-year old brat I'll treat you like one.

But as an adult I try to communicate as one adult to another. And yes it's hard for me to escape the parental mode regardless that my oldest is 22-years old but has finally started to mature to a respectable person.

As for my kids none of them have had an unsafe childhood only because I taught them ocean safety, gun safety and common sense that if you're gonna play hard...then play safe.

And that's coming from the kid who learned about hot surfaces, sharp objects, and loose women the hard way.
      i've decided that i'll always be a brat...until i have spawn of my own. and imma raise them the way my mom raised me, bcs whether you agree with my vices (incl honking at errant drivers) or not, i think she did a damned fine job (overcautiousness aside).

of course, i learned about loose men the hard way, too. loose men, hard way, snarksnarksnark.

maybe that's bcs my father was absent...until i was ten. then he was deyed.

so on that point, i do envy your now-not-so-lil-ones, mr. watanabe.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
        i've decided that i'll always be a brat...until i have spawn of my own. and imma raise them the way my mom raised me, bcs whether you agree with my vices (incl honking at errant drivers) or not, i think she did a damned fine job (overcautiousness aside).

of course, i learned about loose men the hard way, too. loose men, hard way, snarksnarksnark.

maybe that's bcs my father was absent...until i was ten. then he was deyed.

so on that point, i do envy your now-not-so-lil-ones, mr. watanabe.
        It's amazing how one matures when they have kids of their own. It's even more amazing when little things like morality play a bigger role in one's life when tasked with raising and molding the minds of a younger impressionable child.

Call me an old fart but hey that's what happens when you age, maturity kinda sneaks up on you and grabs you by the butt.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
        X