Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state are you from? This includes locals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What state are you from? This includes locals from here !

"State of Confusion?" I'm from Hawaii all my life.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mask View Post
      I moved up to New England because of New Hampshire's slogan: "Live free or die!"
      Wasn't Vermont's variation on that "Live Free or ... Whatever"?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Wasn't Vermont's variation on that "Live Free or ... Whatever"?
        I'm not sure about Vermont??? The MA slogan as of now is "The Spirit of Ameraica". Boy that really fills me with pide!

Just found it: "Freedom and Unity." Vermont. I guess that's kind of cool too. . . . I guess?
        Mask

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
          Why couldn't we come up with something that catchy? The slogan for the state of WA is "Say WA" (DUH).
          Since when? I grew up in the Evergreen State.

Comment

Mahaka (Oahu), Hale'iwa (Oahu) then hopped over to New Jersey (like 5 years ago), Then SoCal, then Puerto Rico, back to Hale'iwa, (like 2 years ago) and now I just came here in Ontario, Canada (almost a month ago.. AND NOT PLANNIN ON STAYIN TO FREEZE MY BUTT)

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
              Since when? I grew up in the Evergreen State.
              It was a very recent campaign, replacing "Experience Washington." It has just been dropped by the state tourism folks after only half a year, undoubtedly due to all the ridicule.

Comment

I live in the town of York, Maine. It's located in the southeastern part of the state, about 15 minutes away from Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

I've been to Kapalua and I loved it, and my 'ohana and I may go back there or to the Big Island this year. I hope we can book either of them!
                'Alika

Comment

Pretty much Honolulu all my life except for recently - now it's Kailua.

We should do a poll. It'd be interesting.

Comment

Born in Northern California (near Sacto). Stayed till 4 yrs old, father worked for the airlines so we moved to the SF Bay Area (san pablo) till I finished elementary school. My Father was transferred to Los Angeles and we lived in Playa del Rey till I graduated high school and moved back to go to school in San Francisco. Lived in SF for several years, attended school for one year in Aix-en-Provence, France (near Marseille), then returned to New York City, then back to SF. Moved to Honolulu 2 years ago.
                    n'importe

Comment

Detroit, Michigan
                      Tucson, AZ
                      Las Vegas, NV
                      Oahu is next, as soon as this condo sells!

Comment

i was born and raised in utah and moved to texas for 1 year and omg i hated it so much. its not pretty like utah. so i came back home to utah.

Comment

Born and raised in Upstate NY... Now living in Burlington NC

Comment

California -> Florida -> California -> Hawai'i (one day)

Comment

Minnesota, Japan, New Jersey, Virginia, WiskGANsin, Missouri, New Jersey, Hawaii -- first da Beeg Islen' , den Oahu.
                              During the mainland years, several summers were spent in lovely northern Vermont.

Moved here at age 13 ... and after all that moving around, changing schools, being the new kid, having to make new friends and then moving again to start the process all over -- I'm happy to say I've lived in Hawaii way more than half my life -- and this is HOME -- where my roots are; where my heart is.
                              I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Born and raised in Seattle WA.

Never left, never want to.

Comment

Working...
                                X