Question About Koolau Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Koolau Range

What is the tallest mountain of the Koolau Range called? You can see it from the Pali lookout. I put a picture of it here. I looked everywhere online and couldn't find the name of it.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Can't think of anything creative this time

Re: Question About Koolau Range

THE TALLEST PEAK IN THE KOOLAU MOUNTAINS

The clouded peak of Konahuanui (Hawaiian for large fat testicles) is the highest peak in the Koolau Mountains towering over 3100 feet.

Scroll down to the 4th section of this page.V
    LINK
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

MM, I saw in the link a bit about not carrying pork over the Pali. I heard that at work, too. What's up with that? I figured that is like not picking Pele's lehua flowers.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
        MM, I saw in the link a bit about not carrying pork over the Pali. I heard that at work, too. What's up with that?
        Check out this Link

Comment

Well... you see da whole pork thing is 'cause us Menehune jus' like eat'um li'dat!
          Copied and edited from the link in previous post.
          "Soon, we were at the old Pali Lookout and now, he wanted me to go outside with him in the dark and walk around with the so-called spirits and Menehune...
          While I carried the pork, on a night where the wind was unusually still at the Pali Lookout,
          Lopaka believed I would somehow be able to feel where the boundary of taking pork over the Pali would lie...
          Bingo, the spine tingling chicken skin I felt all over, told me I was in the right place...
          And that is where we left the pork...
          Lopaka said the mystical Menehune would come out and eat it when we left.
          After we turned away, and started walking back to the car, my curiosity got the best of me, and I quickly turned back around and flipped on my flashlight...
          I swear it looked like the two pieces of pork hash were now missing, but there was no way I was going back for a closer look."

HaHa! That was yummy.
          PS: Only joke eh
          Last edited by Menehune Man; December 13, 2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah... here's me at the Pali!

I took this photo for a geocache I have hidden up there along the trail to that peak!

Comment

Mahalo, GG! I definitely don't want my car to stall on the Pali. Now from what they said about the legend of the pig god, you would not be able to take it on to the Windward side at all. So noone on the Windward side have pork, huh?

Nice to keep the menehune fed, though.

Comment

Thanks, MM! I took that picture on Saturday and obviously didn't look hard enough to find the name of it. But I guess that's what you all are for! You're such a wealth of info!!

I try to label all of my pictures the same day I take them so I don't forget where I've been! (It's a blonde thing....)

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                X