X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Posters you miss on HT

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    http://www.hawaiithreads.com/member.php?u=6

Read the visitor messages. It is a public message location, so I feel I am not spilling any beans.
    Interesting. It kinda looks like he's asking to be suspended. Personally I don't think sansei was asking for that; rather, asking if, by posting too early (without a spoiler), it would cause him to be suspended. Or am I reading it totally wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Interesting. It kinda looks like he's asking to be suspended. Personally I don't think sansei was asking for that; rather, asking if, by posting too early (without a spoiler), it would cause him to be suspended. Or am I reading it totally wrong?
      I read it as,,,,,, he is asking if he has been suspended because he posted the DWTS results too early. And then asks to be reinstated in an odd way ("I enjoy posting here").
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I read it as,,,,,, he is asking if he has been suspended because he posted the DWTS results too early. And then asks to be reinstated in an odd way ("I enjoy posting here").
        That crossed my mind, too, then decided he wouldn't be able to post that message if he'd already been suspended! He's no longer posting but he's still confusing me! We'll never know and the mystery will continue into infinity! I miss him and his ramblings in an odd sort of way.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          We'll never know and the mystery will continue into infinity!.
          Maybe Sansei and Nobunaga are the same person?

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/member.php?u=6

Read the visitor messages. It is a public message location, so I feel I am not spilling any beans.
            There was Sansei's reason, but no Nobunaga. Come on Nobunaga, no be stubborn head cuz you betta than dat.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              There was Sansei's reason, but no Nobunaga. Come on Nobunaga, no be stubborn head cuz you betta than dat.
              Nobunaga's profile is gone; Admin usually saves that "punishment" for a very limited group of offenders - and it generally involves a flagrant violation of board rules. AFAIK, he doesn't remove people just because they ask him to (unless they are in the Witness Relocation Program, I suppose).

Comment

I confess ignorance. Can someone please explain what AFAIK, DWTS, and spoiler mean? Thank you. One person mentioned was the classic troll, incessantly posting to annoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                  I confess ignorance. Can someone please explain what AFAIK, DWTS, and spoiler mean? .
                  AFAIK = As Far As I Know
                  DWTS = Dancing With The Stars (a television program)
                  spoiler = a feature on HT that lets you post the results of something (like a football score or results of a conntest) before they are generally known in the 808 because of a delayed broadcast. You have to click on the "spoiler" if you want to know the results before you watch the program. If you don't want to know, don't click the spoiler.

Sansei posted the results of DWTS before the show was broadcast in HI, without using a spoiler, thereby ruining the program for some 808 viewers.

Just remember, K, LSMFT!

Comment

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

DWTS = Dancing With The Stars

A spoiler is when, say someone like me in the eastern time zone, gives away the ending to a show's episode or the results of a competition before people in another time zone get to see it...or if it's a new movie before someone has a chance to go see the show.

Posting etiquette in relation to shows of any kind is, in the case of movies, refrain from posting anything about the movie plot or scenes till about a week or two after it's been out...so it doesn't spoil the other persons viewing pleasure.

For TV it's to wait till the episode has been on and finished in the posting board's home time zone....or if it's a multi-zone use board ya wait till the next day.

Or...

If you just HAVE to post and gush or rant you make a new thread (original starting post) that states in a very obvious way that the content in the thread is going to tell you what happens....so stay the hell away if you don't want to see stuff before you get to see it as a whole.

These forums have a spoiler tag that you can use for little things but for longer gush/rants or a larger discussion a spoiler thread probably is the best way to do it.

Spoilers are how I got invited to HawaiiThreads. I was doing the eastern time zone spoilers for American Idol on the old Honolulu Advertiser forums. I would give out info on who sang what and who got the boot hours before it was shown in Hawaii. Because it was such a big deal (the forums crashed a few times from all the refreshing and clicking people were doing), the threads were always marked as "{date} SPOILERS for {show}" with the first posts content being a whole thing about 'go away now if you don't want to see the results'. Gave people a chance to be curious and then think 'do I wanna know or not?'

It's just polite.

Comment

thank you!! (TYVM)

Comment

Two(?) posters whose loss leaves our account whole (didn't have any cents).
                        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Maybe Sansei and Nobunaga are the same person?
                          That thought crossed my mind as did a Nobunaga/Bobinator connection. Bob hasn't posted since August and still has an account. But, iirc, an account can be suspended temporarily; kind of a time out in the naughty chair! I don't know if, during that temp. suspension, a screen name disappears from the members list.

Admin and his tools of the trade! Members and their hypothesises!

Comment

WTF!
                            Where the food?

Comment

I miss Pua'i Mana'o - Her posts were concise and to the point.

K-
                              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                              ~ ~
                              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

SeekingPenance / Lomi! Where has he been? That guy was funny.
                                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                                X