Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

But, but, it's NOT AUGUST YET! TG, NOOO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: But, but, it's NOT AUGUST YET! TG, NOOO!

Have you driven all the way around the coastline of Oahu yet?

Although, I remember not being able to drive past Ka'ena Point State Park for some reason. :/

Comment

Re: But, but, it's NOT AUGUST YET! TG, NOOO!

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      One thing my mainland visitors enjoyed was a trip to Coconut Island . . . rent some kayaks and kayak out to Coconut Island for a picnic. I think there's a convenient spot to set sail closer to the island, but it's a nice paddle (and a bit fishy when you leave "port") from He'eia Pond/Harbor however theres a large parking lot and you can unload right at the water's edge.
      Okay, here's a secret, just between us, k? Instead of launching at He`eia and dealing with a looooong paddle (especially if the tradewinds are frisky), there's a secret spot to launch that's only about 200 yards from Coconut Island.
      You know where the Lilipuna Road driveway is to the restricted parking lot for CI? Well, just a little ways away from their driveway you turn down Ka Hanahou Circle, go down the short hill, turn left at the first street, and drive straight to the end where you'll see the access path to the spot to launch the kayaks.
      Secret kine. No tell.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
      X