Bad behaviour at Aloha Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad behaviour at Aloha Stadium

It's halftime of the Hawaii Bowl, and tempers have already flared on the field. But the really bad news is that the ESPN announcers were discussing how there always seems to be fights and problems at Hawaii's games, and they noted several examples.
    Our bad reputation is nationwide.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The powers involved need to get moving on all this before it gets worse and we lose quality opponants. This ain't good.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        Don't they do the same thing in NY, only with a lot more rock than snow?

mahalo
        stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          Our bad reputation is nationwide.
          I wonder if the Mainland media pick up on it to some degree because it doesn't fit the "image" most non-Islanders have of Hawai`i?

Comment

Every coin has another side...

...evidence a Notre Dame supporter/tourist speaking at lenghth in a recent LttE about how well it went for his family during their two weeks here and at the game, with all the typical positives, and no neg moments to report.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              I wonder if the Mainland media pick up on it to some degree because it doesn't fit the "image" most non-Islanders have of Hawai`i?
              I don't think so. Andre Ware (University of Houston quarterback) was the color commentator for the game. He talked during the broadcast about the brawl that broke out between Hawaii and Houston after the 2003 Hawaii Bowl.

The Houston game was one of a handful of well publicized on-field brawls during the June Jones era. Jones seemed to tacitly encourage this behavior from his teams. Instead of strongly condemning this obviously unsportsmanlike behavior from both teams, he said in a newspaper article, "Although we do not condone their actions, I teach my players that sometimes you have to take one for the team," he said. "That is what these players are doing for their teammates."

The culture of a football program that accepts this behavior is often reflected in the behavior of the fans in the stands.

Comment

Or vice versa.
                May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                X