Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hibiscus' are all grey!

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    I'm finally getting married. It'll be one of the prettiest faggot "pretty in pink" weddings Diamond Head will ever lay eyes on.

*smiles*
    That news should turn those grey hibiscus' a pretty pink! But, wait...that subject is deserving of it's very own thread...(if you're not pullin' our cyber-legs, that is!)

Comment

I thought The Hibiscus is a K-bar.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        Slow meaning not much action going on this morning.
        I agree, overall I think it has been slow for weeks and weeks on HT. Sometimes I read the online newspapers looking for something interesting to start a new thread about. Maybe we all just have to make more of an effort to try starting new threads, a few of those could spark some interest of other HTers to post responses.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I see quite a few HTers on Facebook. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Comment

...and Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              I thought The Hibiscus is a K-bar.
              LMFAO

oh Walkoff Balk....silly...funny ahem...Walkoff Balk

...seeking penance is pulling cyber legs...i'm not getting married....craigwatanabe's thread worried me, he needed a cyber chingamathingy (shaka)

i agree with tutusue; they are either on twitter or facebook

auntie lynn? you behaving yourself on twitter?

i've missed this room terribly - how is sansei?

have a pleasant and safe aloha week HT ohana *waves @ surlygirly* hi cupcake
              Last edited by Seeking Penance; October 14, 2009, 12:09 AM. Reason: one more thing - GO USC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              stay forever young

Comment

I'm finally getting married. It'll be one of the prettiest faggot "pretty in pink" weddings Diamond Head will ever lay eyes on.

*smiles*
                Bwaaaaaaa.

I was reading this thread and giggling. And yeah, I wanna post several times but I have to be careful on what I post nowadays. Have to be careful on what may be used against me. ha ha ha Den again, AINOKEA. The old timers just seem to check in now and den. We need moa Aloha.

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: The Hibiscuses are all grey!

I still check in several times a day, and I don't think I've missed a day on HT in four years or so. The truth is, these things move in waves. There will be long periods of crazy activity, then there will be lulls. The good boards survive the lulls. The not-so-good ones tend to die completely. And sometimes it's not a matter of a board's being good or bad; it's just the way things move sometimes, and group dynamics have a lot to do with that.

One thing that's happened here that I've never seen elsewhere is the apparent near-exhaustion of topics for discussion. It seems every week someone posts something and then one of the old-timers replies with "Please see this thread, where we've already hashed this all out." It's true that current events and current movies still keep us going, but it's also true that we've had two or three threads about private schools vs. public schools.

But back to group dynamics. I speak for nobody but myself when I say that I don't love the current mix of participants quite the way I loved past mixes of participants. There are a few very regular posters who can be counted on to jump into any conversation and practically derail it with faulty logic, horrendous punctuation and spelling (not you, Craig!), non-sequiturs, and the apparent need to call attention to the posters rather than the topic at hand. Any one of these things is not a big deal, but in regular, frequent combination, they get to be a bit too much for me. I don't complain because I'm the one with the problem and will usually just keep my typing to myself or bow out of the thread once I've had my say about the topic, but in case anyone was wondering why my prolificity has waned, there it is. I don't call anyone on it because this isn't my space, and because I like the welcoming vibe HT usually has.

I wish I weren't so uptight about things like this, but it annoys me when I try to engage people in meaningful conversation and the responses are combinations of the things I mention above. Not enough to make me want to bail, but enough to make me less eager to participate.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: The Hibiscuses are all grey!

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                    I wish I weren't so uptight about things like this, but it annoys me when I try to engage people in meaningful conversation and the responses are combinations of the things I mention above. Not enough to make me want to bail, but enough to make me less eager to participate.
                    Oh..well, I don't apologize for my lack of intellegence or should I say to your level of standards. I am who I am and I express myself the only way I know how and that is from my HEART. I've learned a long time ago, never to judge people or tear anyones dreams down. Pain in the heart is very sore. Words no matter how simple you may think it is can be very painful to someone else.

Nuff said.

Lynn

Comment

Clearly, I wasn't referring to you, Lynn. Seriously. But whoEVER I was referring to has no reason to be apologetic anyway. Again, I'm not talking about ONE THING; I'm talking about a combination of things that for whatever reason make the experience here not as good for me as it was a few years ago, when YOU were already here and participating.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        ...and Twitter!
                        Such as our moderator
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Clearly, I wasn't referring to you, Lynn. Seriously. But whoEVER I was referring to has no reason to be apologetic anyway. Again, I'm not talking about ONE THING; I'm talking about a combination of things that for whatever reason make the experience here not as good for me as it was a few years ago, when YOU were already here and participating.
                          I think we have an apology thread for that Scriv...DOH!!! Actually when I started this thread it was just an observation that it was a slow day for HT...that's all. Kinda like people who use Twitter...they just make random observations of themselves throughout the day. No biggie

Comment

Clearly, I wasn't referring to you, Lynn.
                            Thank you.

And Criag this thread is cool.

It's making the old timers come out.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Wow this was just a simple observation on my part. I had no idea it would create this many responses.

Hey look the sun's setting!

Comment

LMFAO

...seeking penance is pulling cyber legs...i'm not getting married....
                                *waves @ surlygirly* hi cupcake
                                *waves back* Hi, SP! I'm sad you're not getting married. I was all excited about seeing panoramic pink poufy pictures, and yay for you! (I guess that should be reversed) And how much fun to talk about! Could we just pretend you're getting married and plan it all out anyway? Then you could pull it all together in a week in case of emergency.

What's interesting here? Let's see. I got a cute charcoal gray sweater coat. I got my 17th pair of flops this evening (A&M, in maroon with gray straps). Jason thinks I have waaay too many, but I think 17 pairs is just about right. 3 more and I can fill my shoe cubby.

Guess that's it for now.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                                X