Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Democratic National Convention 2008

http://news.aol.com/elections/conven...956x1200460199

Just another example of the huge obstacle Dems face. They are more crippled by their fringe than the Republicans. "Anti-capitalist" protesters....bwahahaha.

I know you party faithful don't get it. But it's way past funny, bordering on tragic.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
      Just another example of the huge obstacle Dems face.
      Only 300 protesters is now a "huge obstacle"? Pfah. Not when compared to the 10,000+ at the 1968 Chicago convention (or the 40,000+ at the 1999 Seattle WTO conference). 300 isn't even a quorum. Molehills, Tim, are molehills, no matter what you try to make them.

Comment

It's about image Leo. Image is portrayed on TV, especially in the "in-your-face" age of cable.

Dems have an image problem due to their fringe element the same way Muslims are suffering an image problem from their extremist members. Both Dems and Muslims will say nothing to quell their fringe, and do nothing that might make them feel disenfranchised. That is what I'm trying to talk about here.

The average Joe in America is not nearly enlightened enough to separate Obama from those people who are getting pepper sprayed. The same Lib fringe will stage mad protest at the Rep Conv next week, and continue to make bad press for the left.

glurg
        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Both Dems and Muslims will say nothing to quell their fringe
          Nor should they. If everything is molded and forced to conform and be centrist, there will be no new thought, no progress, no challenge to the established way. Fringes serve a purpose to stir things up.

I agree with you regarding the lack of enlightenment in the average American Joe. So do we play down to that lack by pretending their world-view is accurate, or do we make sure that a wider range of perspectives continues to exist, no matter what foolishness the mainstream media will choose to present?

Comment

Oh Leo, you sound like you are endorsing Muslim extremism......tread lightly my friend.

You don't have to play down to the Joe's, but it is wise to package the message in a way that will be received properly.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Oh Leo, you sound like you are endorsing Muslim extremism......tread lightly my friend.

You don't have to play down to the Joe's, but it is wise to package the message in a way that will be received properly.
              You may call it dissonance, but I can detect a perceptible difference between a non-conformist fringe element and criminal extremists.

Attempting to "package the message" is but one step on the path of "manipulating the media" - a path that leads to much of the dumbing-down of a populace, in order to make them easier to control.

Comment

I'm not talking about 'packaging' so much as I'm talking about trying to deliver any message without the help of the police or the riot squad. People see the police and the riot squad, and automatically, the message is lost.

Seems as though civil discourse has been hijacked by civil disobedience.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Seems as though civil discourse has been hijacked by civil disobedience.
                  Over 4,000 convention "discourse" delegates versus 300 "disobedience" protesters. Hijacking failed. I recommend you turn off Fox News for the next few days.

By my count, Tim, your batting record is poor here:

> You've tried to make a big deal out of a miniscule event, the protests that take place at every convention. Strike 1.

> All you could say negative about speakers thus far was to make cheap shots about Nancy Pelosi (robot, ice-smoker). Strike 2.

> You've tried to convince us that there's a huge rift in the party, between Clinton and Obama supporters --- jury's still out on that one; we'll see what she says tonight, and what happens when the voting takes place - the only numbers that matter. Swing, and a ... ... ...

Comment

All this makes me wonder -- is George W a mainstream Republican or a fringe Republican? (Probably depends on whether you're talking to a Republican who's running for office right now!)
                    Burl Burlingame
                    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                      All this makes me wonder -- is George W a mainstream Republican or a fringe Republican? (Probably depends on whether you're talking to a Republican who's running for office right now!)
                      I think he is an irrelevant lameduck at this point. Clinton never campaigned for Gore and he could have used him. Doubt Bush will do much stumping for McCain either when your approval ratings are in the 20's.

Is anyone besides KHON going to the GOP convention? Doesn't the fair use media rule apply that the local stations have to cover both events? Or is that rule only applied to the candidates themselves?

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                        Random, you are being disengenious.
                        I'm just saying to skip the video tribute. Caroline Kennedy's introductory speech is more than good enough. Besides, even though Ted WANTS to be at the convention, he shouldn't stay too long for his own health's sake. He should get better to come back next year.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                          Is anyone besides KHON going to the GOP convention? Doesn't the fair use media rule apply that the local stations have to cover both events? Or is that rule only applied to the candidates themselves?
                          Keahi Tucker is over there for KGMB9.

KITV's Shawn Ching is at the DNC.

Don't know who they sent for KHNL.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            He should get better to come back next year.
                            Next year?!? Are we having another one of these election/convention things next year!?!

(Yes...I know what you meant...it just came across a little oddly to my odd eyes.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              (Yes...I know what you meant...it just came across a little oddly to my odd eyes.)
                              Yes, come back, or rather go back to Capitol Hill.

Comment

Today's theme.....The Economy.

It's the economy stupid. Gas prices, food prices, everything except housing prices. LOL.

On gas prices - I'm gettin 41 mpg. And solar water, with CF lighting.
                                On food prices - Grow some of your own. Eat less. It's good for your health.
                                On housing - I think the bottom is here. The Fed will lower rates because they don't know.

The economy is going to really hurt in 20 years when the effects of the Politics of NO, and the aging and death of Baby boomers, start to manifest themselves in the form of crumbling infrastructures, ballooning red tape, and social cost of a larger than avg demographic group.
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                                X