Pancakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pancakes

Someone will need to be responsible for reminding us a few days in advance each year, please.

Until that time next year - EVERY time I eat pancakes, I am certain I will remember Barry.

Comment

I know I'm not a founding member or in the age-range, but I think it's a wonderful idea. I love pancakes! I think I'll make some tomorrow in honor of Barry since I missed the 16th.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Pancakes and a glass of sherry for me! Aloha, Barry, you are missed.
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

The dining section of today's Honolulu Advertiser has National Pancake Day being on February 23rd. I must have read a headline wrong for that day last week. IHOP has something special for Tuesday. But, I have been eating a lot of pancakes because I had a box of pancake mix past its expiration date.

Comment

I saw the ad about National Pancake Day too. I'd rather celebrate Barry's Pancake Day. Well, actually I'll probably do both! I LOVE pancakes!

There's a sign at the IHOP in Little Rock, AR that says "Pancakes Make People Happy". I have to agree!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
              Blend together six eggs, a teaspoon of salt, two cups of flour, two cups of milk, one cup of water and one and a half of oil. Let sit for an hour or so (or up to a few days in the fridge).

Heat a shallow frying pan til quite hot and use a paper towel to wipe it with oil. Leaving the pan on the heat, quickly pour in one small ladleful of batter, swirling the pan as you do so in order to distribute the batter evenly. If the batter seems to thick, add more water a bit at a time...practice makes perfect and the first one or two never come out right, anyway.... Read More

Cook til browned and then loosen with a spatula and flip over, cook til brown on the other side. Lift out onto a plate and spread with jam or Nutella or sprinkle with sugar (a mix of brown and white sugar along with a pinch of cinnamon is good, too. Fold or roll up, eat.
              Still yum!
              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I like the blue Ube pancakes at Yogurstory.

Comment

Health Experts Reveal: The Surprising Side Effects of Eating Too Much Honey (msn.com)

Syrup or Honey on your pancakes?

Comment

Hawaiʻi celebrates National Pancake Day (khon2.com)

You got cakes on the griddle.

Comment

French Bread French Toast.
                      After you assemble this French toast it needs to sit in a fridge overnight. Make this for your next make ahead breakfast/brunch
                      You’ll need-
                      •1-large French baguette
                      •8-large eggs
                      •3-cups half n half
                      •1-tsp vanilla
                      •1-tsp cinnamon
                      •3-tbs brown sugar
                      Topping ingredients
                      •8-tbs butter
                      •1-cup brown sugar
                      •1-tsp vanilla
                      •2-tbs maple syrup
                      •1/2-crushed pecans
                      1-Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
                      2-Cut the bread into 1" slices and place in the baking dish like I did in the photo.
                      3-In a bowl combine the half n half, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon mix everything together.
                      4-Pour this over the bread cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge overnight
                      The next morning-
                      5-Put all the topping ingredients except for the nuts in a bowl let this sit at room temp for 1 hour then mix together.
                      6-Using a spoon scoop this onto the French toast slices, a little on each slice.
                      7-Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree pre heated oven and until golden brown.
                      8-Remove from the oven spread on the nuts and back into the oven for 15 minutes
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

French Bread French Toast. After you assemble this French toast it needs to sit in a fridge overnight. Make this for your next make ahead breakfast/brunch You’ll need- •1-large French baguette •8-large eggs •3-cups half n half •1-tsp vanilla •1-tsp cinnamon •3-tbs brown sugar Topping ingredients •8-tbs butter •1-cup brown sugar •1-tsp vanilla •2-tbs maple syrup •1/2-crushed pecans 1-Butter a 9x13 baking dish. 2-Cut the bread into 1" slices and place in the baking dish like I did in the photo. 3-In a bowl combine the half n half, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon mix everything together. 4-Pour this over the bread cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge overnight The next morning- 5-Put all the topping ingredients except for the nuts in a bowl let this sit at room temp for 1 hour then mix together. 6-Using a spoon scoop this onto the French toast slices, a little on each slice. 7-Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree pre heated oven and until golden brown. 8-Remove from the oven spread on the nuts and back into the oven for 15 minutes

Comment

Portuguese/Hawaiian Sweet Bread
                          Bloom the yeast. Mix together in a small bowl for 10 min:
                          1 T. Active dry yeast
                          ? C. Warm milk (110)
                          Pinch of sugar
                          Combine well:
                          ? C. Pineapple juice
                          ? C. Warm milk (110)
                          ? t. Salt
                          4 T. Unsalted butter (soft) I melted with the milk in the microwave, then cooled down to 110.
                          4 Eggs (3 whole eggs and 1 yolk, reserve the white for egg wash before baking)
                          150g. Fine white sugar
                          Zest of one lemon
                          Mix in the yeast milk mixture.
                          Add in 1/3 at a time.
                          700g. AP flour (? cup extra set aside if needed later)
                          This is a wetter dough but should come away from the bowl of mixer when ready. If the bottom is still super loose and wet add a tablespoon more flour at a time, until it firms up. Keep the extra ? cup ready, in case it is needed.
                          Knead for 10 minutes in mixer or until elastic if by hand. Form into a ball and place in an oiled bowl covered with plastic (oil top of bread a little too to prevent sticking to the plastic) put in a warm spot to rise. My Microwave with the light on gave me an 84 degree temperature. Worked great. Leave it rise until at least doubled. Mine was in a 4 qt bowl and was domed just over the rim a bit. Took about 2 hours. Could take up to 4 though depends on the temperature it is in.
                          Punch down and shape into a ball. Cut into however many loaves you want to make. I made two and they were big. Could have made 4 regular loaf pan size for example. Roll each piece into a firm doughball, sealing the bottoms well. Place them into the buttered or oiled pans and lightly push the dough down so it is closer to the edge. I used 2, 3” high sided, 8 1/2” aluminum cake pans. Let rise until double again. Mine took 1 hour 20 mins.
                          Pre-heat oven to 350
                          Whisk reserved egg white with a couple teaspoons of water and use a pastry brush to lightly coat the top of each loaf. Try not to get too close to the edge, because it will cause sticking. Score top with hatch marks if you like. It does help prevent side blowouts.
                          Bake 350 (adjust to your oven) on center rack for 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 190. I baked on a Silpat covered cookie sheet I think it prevents them from getting too dark on the sides and bottom. Let rest in pans for 5 minutes, run a butterknife lightly around loaf and remove from pan. Place on a rack until completely cooled before slicing.

Comment

Are McDonald's Hotcakes Made Fresh Every Day? (yahoo.com)

McDonald's pancakes aren't cakes on the griddle.

Comment

Working...
                            X