Food shortages on the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Food shortages on the way?

Can't people here substitute rice with tofu, potatoes,whole grain bread, pancake mix, and even matso to stretch out the supply of rice?

Comment

Locally, I dunno about people being willing to substitute a food so culturally ingrained (no pun intended!) as rice.

But, corn? I really like corn esp. when it comes from a road side stand on the north shore. However, personally, I can do without it. Lotsa other veggies to takes it's place. I don't think that it's as culturally significant in Hawaii. If it's price escalates I'll have no problem not buying it nor will I miss it.

Now, if McDonald's $1. side salads are impacted...should the price of lettuce, carrots and cherry tomatoes go haywire...I'll start a picket line!

Comment

Sue, lol on McD's salads and in agreement, yes. The fastfood salads are ono, never once have I gotten any veggies that weren't fresh, nor grilled chicken that was greasey or that I had any complaint about. In our rush of life it's cool to be able to have a salad anytime and not have to be home scrubbing, chopping, etc...the veggies. (yes, I still do that, but I don't rush home in my worry over dinner nor do I eat unhealthily very often thanks to these salads)
        Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

http://www.naturalnews.com/046074_Og...ss_famine.html

Al Gore warned us.

Comment

Working...
          X