Gone Phishing in Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gone Phishing in Hawaii

Finally, someone tried to scam with the correct bank that I'm with!!! Luckily for me, they targeted the wrong email address, and they didn't even make the letter legitimate as it had spelling and grammar errors.

Now, send the same message to my Mom, then she'd be in trouble.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
      Now, send the same message to my Mom, then she'd be in trouble.
      You'd better warn her first, because they just might get to her soon...

Comment

Bank of Hawaii phishing scam

Heard about this on the news then found one in my hotmail's 'junk' folder.

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/1152/40/

Congratulations!

You've been selected to take part in our quick and easy 8 questions survey
        In return we will credit $100.00 to your account - Just for your time!

Please spare two minutes of your time and take part in our online survey
        so we can improve our services.
        Don't miss this chance to change something.

To participate in this survey Click Here

© Copyright © 2007 Bank of Hawaii

SDEYGGKJLYPIWTKIOVKRJKHXWQWIXXQTUYQWTW
        DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!
        Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
        My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Re: Bank of Hawaii phishing scam

Got that one this morning myself. I would NEVER respond to such a thing...if I every got something like that and thought it was legit, I'd still call the bank to be sure. Heck, I'm at the bank daily so I can check anything anytime.

Comment

BOH has several helpful pages on their website, including special info about the latest phishing scam and what to do:
            Here is their main Security page, and here is the phishing scam page.
            Hope that helps...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I rather like the signature of the phisher:
              SDEYGGKJLYPIWTKIOVKRJKHXWQWIXXQTUYQWTW
              Not sure how to pronounce it, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                I rather like the signature of the phisher: Not sure how to pronounce it, though...
                Must be Welsh...they're famous for their long winded town names! Or maybe s/he's Thai.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

LOL! Bank of Hawaii giving away money? How can anyone believe that?

Comment

BEWARE! - NEW Phishing scam NOW! Aug 9, 09

This morning my spouse got Phished by email.
                    It was our bank, we had reported some lost ID which happened on our trip, and she took the bait.

Luckily, she got suspicious, re-checked the original email, saw some spelling, typo and grammar errors and called me. We called the bank (American Savings) and they say they are being inundated by SCAM calls from Hawai`i residents receiving the same email.

REMEMBER! NEVER enter secure or private or financial information online unless YOU initiate the contact. Do not respond to emails reporting 'security errors' asking you to log in to your account, especially via their URLs.

We were able to avert any harm because we acted quickly enough and blocked access.

If you receive anything like that, send a copy of the email as an attachment to:

phishing-report@us-cert.gov <phishing-report@us-cert.gov>

and contact your financial institution ASAP!

So far Phishing emails have involved ASB, BOH, and Territorial - just today, this morning!
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Re: BEWARE! - NEW Phishing scam NOW! Aug 9, 09

A couple of my email addresses are listed on the internet. As a result I get phishing emails on a regular basis. One of the first indications you have a phishing email is it does not have your name anywhere. If your bank contacts you it will have your name and maybe your address or other personal information. Phishing email has none of that and is addressed to “Valued Customer” or similar generic salutation.

If you think the email is real do not click on any link in the email. You can take care of the problem (if real) by logging into your account in the normal way. If that does not work call the bank. But never click on a link in any email unless you are sure of the source. But that can be risky too if your friend has a virus. Thats another story.
                      "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
                      Ayn Rand

Comment

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/14-dan...110019346.html
                        None of those e-mails look familiar. I must have lump delete them before opening.

Comment

Working...
                        X