Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51st State

http://news.yahoo.com/51st-state-sma...233234624.html

A civil war between North California vs. South California.

Re: 51st State

almost as bad as Kona vs Hilo
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Just another ploy to create another Republican red state, electoral votes for another Wall St puppet. As long as I have been alive people in No. Cal have resented So. Cal taking "their" water. Behold~~this idea would cut off "So. Cal" from No. Cal water. Local water supplies in SD County could support 50,000 people. The actual population is over 2 million. So how good would this idea be for real estate values? God I hate Republicans. Hard to believe I ever was one.

Comment

This is sumpin I've heard discussed from the moment I left Hawaii in mid-70s. I got indoctrinated real quick on south stealing "our" water.

Politically, though, California is less south vs north & more coast vs inland. The coast being more liberal; inland being, uh, not.

In other words, let's do West California vs East California. Fun things on the coast; only use East California to drive through drought, dust & desolation to, say, Las Vegas.

Juss my two cents.
        Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

They need to research the history of the State of Jefferson (which incorporates part of southern Oregon & northern California). Quite a tale there.

Comment

Can you tell the difference between someone from North Dakota and South Dakota or North Carolina and South Carolina?

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/lanes-closing-...055035864.html

The battlefield between the North and the South will be at the 405.

Comment

Puerto Rican voters will determine this November the issue of whether this U.S. territory’s 4 million people want to become the 51st state, keep territorial status or become an independent country.

http://fcir.org/2012/10/24/november-...for-statehood/
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Puerto Rico: Long overdue.

Northern California is so different from So. Cal, a split is sensible.

Split where?

Sacrotomato belongs to the North.

Just ask Patrick Jane....
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                    Puerto Rican voters will determine this November the issue of whether this U.S. territory’s 4 million people want to become the 51st state, keep territorial status or become an independent country.
                    SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — A slim majority of Puerto Ricans sought to change their ties with the United States and become the 51st U.S. state in a non-binding referendum that would require final approval from Congress.

http://news.yahoo.com/puerto-ricans-...134423786.html

So now do 'WE' vote on it? Just wondering...
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X