3rd Generation iPod shuffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Generation iPod shuffle

Was going through a web site when I came across an entry for the 3rd Generation iPod shuffle.

This model can hold 4 Gbytes worth of stuff (vs 1 or 2 Gbytes of the 2nd generation), it's priced at $79 (vs $49/$69), and can handle multiple playlist.

The drawback I see so far is that there is a remote wired control for the shuffle that is on the earphone wire. I don't know if this is all-in-one unit or if the earphone set can be changed to suit the user's needs (like using big earphones or using it to regular speakers).

Re: 3rd Generation iPod shuffle

Like all shuffles, it has limited controls. It's hardly better than a cassette with song skip feature. I'm sure there's better stuff out there at that price-point.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      The drawback I see so far is that there is a remote wired control for the shuffle that is on the earphone wire. I don't know if this is all-in-one unit or if the earphone set can be changed to suit the user's needs (like using big earphones or using it to regular speakers).
      Apple says that their earphones are the only way to control it at present, but that other manufacturers plan to create compatible 'phones soon.

Comment

All the iPods I own and the one other media player I own can take my current third party headphones or patch cords (to plug into home or car stereo) without having to buy new ones all over again. Now with the major controls tied into the Apple earbuds, we are locked into only those products currrently only Apple or that are licensed by Apple to sell us these accesories at additional cost. I would just rather migrate the stuff I already have to the new hardware. I just hope this feature does not migrate to other iPod updates. I like to have the controls on the device itself.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Lost in all the hoopla over the new shuffle is the updated iTunes, which has a new DJ feature. Basically, if you're playing your music through iTunes, it allows you to use your iPhone as a remote control. In addition, if you have a gathering of friends, it enable anyone with an iPhone (and a password that you give to them) to look up the contents on your HD and to make requests.

A nifty, free feature. Of course, we all know why Apple is providing this for "free," right? It's all too get more people to lay down their money on an iPhone.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
          X