Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time for cannabis dispensaries in Honolulu, Lingle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's time for cannabis dispensaries in Honolulu, Lingle!

There should be medical marijuana dispensaries in Hawaii.

I have a close friend that has MS and it's been proven that pot helps most MS affected folks and it does, but anyone that gets it does so illegally. Not right in my opinion.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Re: oh please.

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      I'm frustrated that we still have laws that try to govern people's lives where government doesn't belong..
      PAR-TY at Scriv's house tonight. Puff the Magic Dragon!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Beachboy View Post
        I'm one of those who oppose a tax on medical cannabis. Why make the sick & dying pay a tax on it? That just creates a bigger avenue for the state & Federal govs to jump in.
        I'm not trying to imply that medical marijuana should be taxed. My post talks about taxing marijuana when it's legalized for adults, same as tobacco & alcohol, not just when it's "medicalized".

I suspect that legal marijuana would be cheaper than illegal marijuana, even with a hefty sin tax. And if it's for medical use then it shouldn't be taxed, or at least the tax should be refunded/credited. Has anyone seen any pricing studies on the effects of legalization?

I like the idea of balancing the state budget (and getting rid of Furlough Fridays) by legalizing pot...
        Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
        Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
        We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
        Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

on an unrelated note, happy 4/20 to those that indulge, for what ever purposes.
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
            on an unrelated note, happy 4/20 to those that indulge, for what ever purposes.
            Yes, Tat, today is national "Weed Day."
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Just a post to say I support legalization and it is one of the few things I donate to every year. I smoked a lot in my youth but rarely indulge nowadays. Mostly because it is illegal. I drink liquor now and probably too much. Anyone that has tried both knows alcohol is 100 ...no 1000 times more toxic. There are teens that would be alive today if they had smoked pot instead of drinking alcohol.

The reason marijuana is illegal and the only damn reason it is illegal is that there is so much profit in its illegality. Who profits? Lawyers, cops, pharmaceutical companies, liquor and beer sales, drug counselors that people are forced to see when busted, prison industry and all industries that service the prison industry, the people that make the pot will kill you commercials. There are more.

OK, I feel better now.
              You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachboy View Post
                Colorado, Cali, Mich.,New Mexico, Oregon are all moving forward to help people aliviate their pain the compassinate way thru cannabis.
                Rhode Island also joined the rank of states allowing for the use of medical marijuana last summer.

Comment

As well as here, in the District.
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

Just FYI...Legalization of Marijuana is now on the ballot for November in California. More than likely, we will be the the first state to have legalized marijuana.
                    Now, if the state is smart, they will register and tax the growers in Humboldt county, and the state will be out of debt in no time.

IMO, Hawaii should do the same....the money would really help the state.
                    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                      Now, if the state is smart, they will register and tax the growers in Humboldt county, and the state will be out of debt in no time.
                      Naw...don't tax the growers of marijuana in Humboldt County, CA. Rather, tax the end users of the product, in the same way tobacco is taxed in the US. As a farmer, I'd be inclined not to cultivate a large crop in which I was going to be taxed just for raising it. I will raise any crop that the market demands, and if it ever comes someday to raising marijuana (if ever legalized) I certainly would if asked, (heck, it's a weed...not hard at all to grow; yield per acre would be outrageous), but not if I was going to be personally (and perhaps punitively) taxed for growing it. Tax it like tobacco.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                        I suspect that legal marijuana would be cheaper than illegal marijuana, even with a hefty sin tax. And if it's for medical use then it shouldn't be taxed, or at least the tax should be refunded/credited ... I like the idea of balancing the state budget (and getting rid of Furlough Fridays) by legalizing pot...
                        I am with you on this one, Nords. Our state legislature raided an important fund this session. The Hurricane Relief Fund was established as a last-resort backup to help victims of a hurricane, if federal funding did not cover them. Now that fund is nearly bone-dry, all because our politicians didn’t have the balls to cut spending, and instead took the easy way out. Legalize marijuana, and tax it like tobacco. The price will still be far less for consumers, since we already have dozens if not hundreds of acres of pakalolo on the Big Island and Maui waiting to be spread throughout Hawai‘i nei and beyond. This tax would generate tens of million$!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Check this out!
                          At the Yanghai tombs...
                          Archeologists discovered a 2,700 year old gravesite of a shaman with a stash of Marijuana. Hmmm.
                          http://dsc.discovery.com/news/slides...ana-stash.html

It's been medicinal for a long time.

Comment

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1...risk-of-cancer

Oh no.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              Smoking marijuana increases the chance for testicular cancer?
                              Stupid study. Not a large enough group of men to truly mean anything.
                              Skewed information for sure.

Comment

Re: It's time for cannabis dispensaries in Honolulu, Neil Abercrombie!

We have legalized medicinal MJ, but have left the suffering souls no way to obtain it save growing it or buying it illegally.

Imagine 80-year old Mildred out tending her crop in spite of arthritis, diabetes and what not. Is like asking sufferers on morphine-like meds to go grow poppies.

This shows how intelligent our local government is. NOT at all!

Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                                ~ ~
                                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X