X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

Originally posted by sinjin
    Pointing out the fact that younger people will live with today's decisions longer than seniors is fair IMO. I fail to see that as encouraging someone's departure.
    Maybe fair to you, but not to me. Perhaps the person making the quote is looking forward to my departure to the great beyond... never can tell when somebody puts a death clause in their post and directs it toward you.

"after you are dead and gone"
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
      Pointing out the fact that younger people will live with today's decisions longer than seniors is fair IMO. I fail to see that as encouraging someone's departure.
      I had no idea what Mel was referring to when he resurrected this thread. He edited a quote that led up to the line in question thereby changing the context. That quote even came from another thread; a thread about the super ferry. Once I found the thread and the original message Mel responded to, I have to agree with you, Sinjin. It appears to me it's a reference to a difference in age...and that's exactly how I would've taken it had Aaron S replied to me in the same way. I honestly don't know how it could be taken any more serious than that.

Comment

The implied message I got was that he can't wait for my passing. I can't let that kind of stuff go. Sorry!
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
          The implied message I got was that he can't wait for my passing. I can't let that kind of stuff go. Sorry!
          No need to be sorry. Obviously there's something much deeper going on than can be dealt with in HT. But, be assured that "after you are dead and gone" is a somewhat common phrase. I've heard it all of my life and never heard it used in a threatening manner. Google it.

Comment

there's no correct way to spell in pidgin

8 little words that sum up Hawaii literacy rates in our schools. And people keep trying to blame the DOE.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

No need to be sorry. Obviously there's something much deeper going on than can be dealt with in HT. But, be assured that "after you are dead and gone" is a somewhat common phrase. I've heard it all of my life and never heard it used in a threatening manner.
              I have to agree as he's displayed similar eccentric, overreactive behavior in the past, traits unbecoming of a moderator, IMHO.

It's a fact of life that we are born, we live, and then we die. Some people cannot come to grips with the dying part and see threats where none exist when faced with their own mortality, which might explain this post.

I'm thinking that's what might be happening here, but then, this would just be the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                there's no correct way to spell in pidgin
                and/or;
                there's no incorrect way to spell in pidgin.

Comment

Happy Easter!

Christ Has Risen!

...I do not fear DEATH!

Auntie Lynn!

btw: wat this thread about?
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Christ Has Risen!
                    the ether wore off.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                      You totally misinterpreted what I meant.I just meant I'm 30 and you are
                      in your 50-60s. I'm going to be outliving you and having to deal with your
                      generation's screwups.
                      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                        You totally misinterpreted what I meant.I just meant I'm 30 and you are in your 50-60s. I'm going to be outliving you and having to deal with your generation's screwups.
                        Your age estimate is wrong.

Now you are making a general sweeping judgement of those who have come before you. But guess what, history keeps on repeating itself and each previous generation will continue to screw the one that comes after. Happened many times before and is happening now even with the generation younger than mine.
                        Last edited by mel; April 16, 2006, 03:05 PM.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Just for the record, I have nothing to do with the moderation of the main board. I only moderate the Hawaii Media section which is a subset of the main board.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                            Your age estimate is wrong.

Now you are making a general sweeping judgement of those who have come before you. But guess what, history keeps on repeating itself and each previous generation will continue to screw the one that comes after. Happened many times before and is happening now even with the generation younger than mine.
                            No way in the heck you are in your 40's...no way..I've read what you've
                            written over the years. Your views mirror my grandfather who is in his
                            80s. In short your ultra conservative views are from someone in their
                            50-60s...

As for the other statement, I stand by it. I've seen, I've lived it how older
                            generations have screwed over my generation and so on.
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                              Just for the record, I have nothing to do with the moderation of the main board. I only moderate the Hawaii Media section which is a subset of the main board.
                              What does that have to do with anything ? Seriously, if I offended you that much just put me on ignore. I took you off ignore, as someone has to stand up for what is right and just. As you've been expressing your views unabated with no debate. Thus I got some flame retardant equipment and took you off ignore.
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                                No way in the heck you are in your 40's...no way..I've read what you've written over the years. Your views mirror my grandfather who is in his 80s. In short your ultra conservative views are from someone in their 50-60s...

As for the other statement, I stand by it. I've seen, I've lived it how older
                                generations have screwed over my generation and so on.
                                You are still wrong on the age in all technicalities so far.

Don't lift your generation too high, because in time when your generation takes complete control, somewhere, someone, some group or organization will screw it for the next one. It is inevitable. Earth is not a utopia.
                                Last edited by mel; April 16, 2006, 03:24 PM.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X