FRS - Channel 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRS - Channel 10

Once in a great while I will turn on my FRS/GMRS radio to hear what's on.

Sunday night around the 9:30 pm to 10:00 pm time frame there was this two sided conversation going on channel 10 that didn't involve roger beeps, it sounded like a man and woman over the air and the man was trying to inform the woman about getting a hold of the FBI to report that he had plutonium in his body.

It seems that someone was broadcast a recording of a telephone conversation on channel 10. I don't know why this person was doing this.

Re: FRS - Channel 10

Originally posted by helen
    I don't know why this person was doing this.
    Probably to entertain and/or perplex someone who would turn their FRS/GMRS radio just to hear what's on.

Comment

Maybe its a coded message for whoever listens, like to initiate a robbery or something.

Was it on just channel 10 sub code 0, or did you dial in a subcode? And what kind of radio did you have? (just curious)
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

My radio is a Uniden GMR638 and it is on subcode 0.

Comment

Another broadcast was going on tonight. Claims that he had found strange fillings in his teeth which a local hospital took a blood test and informed him that they found traces of plutonium.

Sort of remind of me of someone from the alt.culture.hawaii days.

Comment

Turns out the source of these transmissions is from a homeless person who hangs around the Don Quijote area. No idea who is he talking to but it got moved to channel 11 now.

Comment

For a moment there I thought the rebroadcasts were from Art Bell's Coast to Coast AM when George Nory opens up the Whacky Line

When I was around 12-years old my friend Kevin and I used to have walkie talkies. He had a 3-watt Lafayette Radio Electronics walkie talkie and I had a Handic 3-watt walkie talkie. As I rode my bike home Kevin would transmit the audio portion of KKUA so I could hear music as I peddled.

Yeah I know it was against FCC regulations but what the heck. My call sign was the Essex and my license was KLO-9584.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X