I think this is a commerical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is a commerical

My co-worker tends to leave the radio on mostly tuned to KSSK and I am not bothered by it even if he leaves it on when is out on a call but there are times when it's playing what I think is a commerical (or it might be a PSA but I doubt it) and at the end of the piece is a woman who is singing a high pitched tune like an opera for a couple of seconds. I don't know why she is doing this or the point of it. And I am not paying attention to the radio, until she actually she sings it.

Any one got a clue as to who is doing the commerical piece?

Re: I think this is a commerical

Sounds like this is the commercial for the website postpig.com which I think is advertising on all of the Clear Channel owned stations. These ads have been playing for some time now on KHVH AM 830 and KHBZ 990 AM talk radio; both sister stations of KSSK AM & FM. While I don't listen to KSSK enough, I suspect this is the commercial. Are these also running on other Clear Channel properties?
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Yeah, that sound like the commercial.

And yes, they're running it on all of CC's stations
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

The operatic vox is the one and only Rebecca Penney...

Comment

What a crap jingle though. What in the heck are they selling?

Comment

They're ads for an online classifieds service. See link in message #2 above.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The point is... Even though you dislike it, you remember it. It''s a new marketing ploy. We've become so desensitized to commercials that they have to annoy you to run a good advertising campaign. You're here talking about it and people are here posting about it, so in their eyes it's obviously working.

Comment

Originally posted by Sassmo
                The point is... Even though you dislike it, you remember it. It''s a new marketing ploy. We've become so desensitized to commercials that they have to annoy you to run a good advertising campaign. You're here talking about it and people are here posting about it, so in their eyes it's obviously working.
                Good point! I just couldn't get the point of the spot with the copy.

TY

Comment

Noticed that the Postpig.com ads are airing on KITV. There is a picture of a pig singing Post Pig in a high pitched tune at the end of the comerical.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy w/a "K"
                    The operatic vox is the one and only Rebecca Penney...

Rebecca can sing too? Sweet voice but as we who have walked the hallowed halls of CC know...looks can be deceiving. But she's still a sweet gal

Kathy, I'm wondering if anyone found my $1 bill mad money stash I tucked away in the studio of KHVH? It's behind the outlet wallplate on the farside inside the studio across KSSK AM's studio. If you need a buck I left one there and another one above the fire alarm in the same studio.

I leave mad money at every radio station studio I worked in because when it's 2am and you're doing production work and everything's shut down but that vending machine by the coffee machine down the hall by the computer room and you don't have any money in your wallet (typical of CC employees) it's nice to know you have mad money stashed somewhere.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                    X