Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will Deliliah last on KUMU Lite 94.7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How long will Deliliah last on KUMU Lite 94.7?

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    She seems like a very nice lady. But that show sucks.

Like super super super Saccharin... yikes...
    way too sweet for my taste.

I guess there are people out there that need it though- she does very well.

Comment

Had the radio on today for background sound while I am working on a project, so naturally it's tuned to KUMU-FM and on the Deliliah show where she states that she recently purchased a horse and named it Samson.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
        on the Deliliah show where she states that she recently purchased a horse and named it Samson.
        Good lord - I hope she doesn't trim its mane...

Comment

Well Delilah recently left KUMU Lite 94.7, don't know exactly when, but I just noticed it today. Rico takes Delilah's place with his "KUMU Quiet Storm." So far I love it, hearing love songs I haven't heard in a long time, and I don't have to put up with the preachy love talk that Delilah has to offer. Way to go KUMU Lite 94.7!

Comment

I've been listening to the smooth jazz station, KORL-FM 101.1, where there's an on-air personality by the name of Miranda Wilson. From the time I first heard her voice and delivery my first thought was...that's Delilah, incognito! I still think she's Delilah altho' Google proves me wrong! This station does have a local on-air personality (early evening/night, I think...I can listen to it only in my car!) but the majority of it is syndicated using top recording artists in the smooth jazz genre. Miranda has a great radio voice but, like Delilah, can be a bit overly sweet. I coulda sworn they were one and the same!

Comment

Aww, I love Delilah! From the time I found her show (around 16) until now, I put her show on at night if I need a little comfort or if absolutely nothing else is on. It's not really my kind of music, but it reminds me of being at home. And she looks just like I thought she would.

Delilah is an unapologetic snuggle pusher.
              This is a cute quote, and totally fits both of my dogs!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Mahalo for the love on the thread board.

Delilah is a nice person. But as most have indicated, the show wasn't resonating locally. The Quiet Storm is live and local from 765 Amana Street every Monday thru Friday. That's one advantage. Not that I am a very good jock but at least I am your neighbor, lol. The other point is the music is now more focused on a local person, someone who grew up here exposed to the stations and music that played in Honolulu. We found these things matter. The KUMU Quiet Storm has rocketed to #1 rated night show in people 25-54 in it's first 4 months.

A sincere thanks for listening and Aloha

Rico
                94.7 KUMU

Comment

are you part of "Rico & Nico"? just curious.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    I've been listening to the smooth jazz station, KORL-FM 101.1, where there's an on-air personality by the name of Miranda Wilson. From the time I first heard her voice and delivery my first thought was...that's Delilah, incognito! I still think she's Delilah altho' Google proves me wrong! This station does have a local on-air personality (early evening/night, I think...I can listen to it only in my car!) but the majority of it is syndicated using top recording artists in the smooth jazz genre. Miranda has a great radio voice but, like Delilah, can be a bit overly sweet. I coulda sworn they were one and the same!
                    I just now found this thread. Miranda Wilson is an on-air person in San Francisco. The station, KKSF, was my favorite "Quiet Storm" station and I never moved my radio dial from it the whole time I lived there! When they started streaming on the net, I listened on my computer. I was so happy that I could listen here in Honolulu. Another of their personalities is Dave Koz, who is a trip to listen to. A few months ago, the station changed its format from Smooth Jazz to Adult Contemporary. There was such an uproar about the change that the owners now broadcast Miranda, Dave & the rest as a live stream only. So, we still have our station - just not on the radio. What you have been hearing must be from them. Miranda is a great person with a voice like honey - and she knows all the artists that she plays.

I no longer listen to the live stream - they are slowly changing that format too. Less jazz, more vocals. I now listen to I Heart Radio.com.
                    Last edited by anapuni808; March 29, 2010, 11:03 PM.
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by IBadget View Post
                      Well Delilah recently left KUMU Lite 94.7, don't know exactly when, but I just noticed it today. Rico takes Delilah's place with his "KUMU Quiet Storm." So far I love it, hearing love songs I haven't heard in a long time, and I don't have to put up with the preachy love talk that Delilah has to offer. Way to go KUMU Lite 94.7!
                      When I was surfing the radio dial in my car today, I thought my ears were deceiving me when I heard Foxy's Get Off emanating from 94.7. I know the song is over 30 years old. But still,...

Definitely not your father's KUMU.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        When I was surfing the radio dial in my car today, I thought my ears were deceiving me when I heard Foxy's Get Off emanating from 94.7. I know the song is over 30 years old. But still,...

Definitely not your father's KUMU.
                        Too bad cuz I loved my father's KUMU with all the Mantovani, Gleason and others that provided that soothing elevator music...
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Deliliah - Now on KRTR 96.3 FM

Originally posted by IBadget View Post
                          Interestingly enough, Delilah's syndicated show has been picked up by KRTR 96.3 FM.

I first noticed a couple of weeks ago during a late night drive home. For a moment I thought someone had changed the radio tuner to KUMU! However, a quick check confirmed that it was indeed KRTR 96.3.

Right after that, one of Delilah's customized promo spots aired, something along the lines of: "I'm so glad to be back on the air in Honolulu on KRTR 96.3!" So it sounds like there must have been at least a brief hiatus between the time that KUMU dropped her syndicated show before KRTR picked it up.

Delilah seems like a nice person with a great radio voice...
                          But her show has way too much chatter and not enough music for what I want at that hour of the night. And as others have previously mentioned, the "flavor" is a little too syrupy sweet for my taste, IMHO.

I've happily switched over to Rico on KUMU's "Quiet Storm" for my night drive listening! Also great to know that the show is live and local, BIG plus!

To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Working...
                          X