Perry & Price 25th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perry & Price 25th Anniversary

I took a bunch of pictures at the KSSK Perry & Price 25th Anniversary Show Saturday at the Hilton Hawaiian Village's Coral Ballroom -- it was just Mike and Larry and "1,500 of their closest friends."

034.jpg 033.jpg
    It's Perry on the left and Price on the right.

119.jpg
    Seated: Larry Price and Michael Perry
    Standing, l-r: Jamie Hyatt, Kathy with a K, Jason Yostuda, Gina Garcia (KSSK News), Julia Norton-Dennis (KSSK News), Curt Williams (KSSK Afternoon Personality), Sweetie Pacarro (Saturday Morning Show Producer) and Rebecca Penney-Enomoto (Saturday Morning Show Emcee)

If you missed it, you missed a great time. Congrats Mike and Larry!

Re: Perry & Price 25th Anniversary

I was working while the show was on, but what I caught was pretty good. Congratulations Mike and Larry!

Comment

I was not there but there via the KSSK stream which I recorded to MP3. Show lasted about 3 1/2 hours on-air. P & P got a lot of accolades including proclamations from both the Governor and Mayor.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

These three shots are from the old-fashioned radio serialized "drama" they acted out on stage.

068.jpg
        This one has Jason Yotsuda, who played the genie, Michael W. Perry as the narrator, and special guest Amy Hanai'alii as the heroine of the story.

067.jpg

Larry Price and Sweetie Pacarro were in charge of the sound effects, and Larry brought the house down when he was supposed to make a bubbling water sound -- he blew air through the straw into the glass, which was evidently too full, because he bubbled quite a bit of the water into his lap. He was such a great sport about it, though, and in true show-biz style, kept right on going!

He also voiced the role of "Woofie," Amy's faithful pet, which the genie magically transformed into the dall, dark and hadsome man of her dreams -- Mufi!

070.jpg

Comment

Here are some of the entertainers who graced the stage Saturday:

017.jpg
          Dancers and musicians from the Polynesian Cultural Center helped warm up the enthusiastic crowd before Perry & Price took the stage.

060.jpg
          The Brothers Cazimero serenade the crowd.

076.jpg
          Hawaiian songbird Raiatea Helm and her band were outstanding!

Comment

085.jpg
            Ceceilio & Kapono played a new song for the crowd - wow!

092.jpg
            In addition to her superb acting skills, Amy Hanai'alii showed clearly why she's a world class singer.

110.jpg
            R&B stylists A Touch of Gold were another crowd favorite; in addition to Saturday's show, they're performing a Labor Day weekend benefit concert at the Hawaii Theater to benefit the Shiners' Children's Hospital.

Comment

Working...
            X