CB Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CB Radio

Our base station was a President. I still have a big silver microphone with the Presidential Seal on the back.

We lived on the radio.
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

ZZ, I dig reading the old handles of those in your club. Man, what a cool trip down memory lane, as another poster said.

We were on Channel 8 and it was me and my handle, Tomcat, Broken Wishbone, Empty Six Pack, Green Spider and the others just aren't coming to me, but those were my closest friends on that channel. Those guys ran illegal power, dang what did we call it? Amplifiers? boosters? we had a cooler name for them, but oh that's right...

if we weren't using illegal power like me and my house, we were "barefoot" but can't remember what we called it for the rest of them.
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
        Those guys ran illegal power, dang what did we call it? Amplifiers? boosters? we had a cooler name for them, but oh that's right...
        Linear? (Short for linear amplifier)

Comment

Memories, indeed!! My parents were really into CB, and I remember that my Dad used to use it to yell at bad drivers!

Remember Convoy? Best use of CB in a movie, ever!

Yeah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck, you got a copy on me Pigpen? C'mon.
          Ah yeah, ten-four Pigpen, for sure, for sure. By golly it's clean clear to Flagtown. C'mon.
          Yeah, that's a big ten-four there Pigpen. Yeah, we definitely got the front door good buddy. Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy!
          (..........)
          Well we laid a strip for the Jersey shore, Prepared to cross the line
          I could see the bridge was lined with bears, But I didn't have a doggone dime
          I says Pigpen this here's the Rubber Duck, We just aint gonna pay no toll
          So we crashed the gate doin' ninety-eight, I says Let them truckers roll, ten-four!!!!!
          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

No. Linear probably is too proper a term. I mean we had cool lingo, ya know. Barefoot meant not using illegal boosters. I always ran barefoot and then when my friends were at Canyon Lake, in New Braunfels, TX. and I was at home I dug when they'd tell me I was "really getting out" meaning of course my radio was making an impressive trip for being legal, weak in other words. lol....

Maybe this sometimes feeble mind will think of the term. Thinking of details that were 30yrs. ago ain't always easy for an old lady.

Comment

We just called em Black Boxes.

Okay our group consisted of (help me Speedex):

Essex, Boogie Bear and his sister Sungoddess, Pirate, Buttons, Oh crap I can't remember our old bunch. But our valley (Waialae Nui Valley) had so many CB antennas up and running we called it Antenna City.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I'll think of the cool term we used...eventually.

Yeah, at the height of the craze Most neighborhoods I recall in the SA. TX. area were like that, including mine, but do you remember us then having to be conscious of our neighbors and the powerful bleedover when someone close was on their base station and power mics, too?! Sheesh....now that's coming back to me. We'd take turns, us on our channel and them on theirs and at times some tones of voice got a little serious in the comments to each other, but not often.

I was the young one that was usually talking to a mobile and about to leave the house for the night, so I bet those that to me then were old farts were sure glad when I went out.

Comment

Working...
                X