Disco hits that have vanished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disco hits that have vanished

How about a disco song that I couldn't stand such as Rico Suave?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
      Plenty of them live on at Finetune.com.

Here is my recently created Finetune Disco Mix:

http://www.finetune.com/playlist/2242073

Stars on 45 Beatles Medley - Stars on 45
      That song stuck in my mind since it was released and I could not figure out the name and title. I was 8 years old then. Thank you.

So that sound is on finetune.com?

I just want to hear it again.

Edit: I went to that website and searched by artist. I don't see it "Stars on 45" within the 131 artist found. Please help.
      Last edited by cabanalane; June 20, 2008, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Finetune.com has about 2 million + tracks on their site. Unfortunately Stars on 45 is not one of them. I searched for it at the time I compiled my disco mix.

Finetune does not have several one hit wonder type of songs nor very many indie releases. If it is mainstream, chances are that it is available.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
          Unfortunately Stars on 45 is not one of them. I searched for it at the time I compiled my disco mix.
          Anyone have any idea where I can at least hear this song? Anyone still have the 45 record? I'll be glad to even hear it over a cell phone. We can take it to PM. This mystery song has got me wondering for 30 years now.

Comment

I think I have it among my 45s. I'd have to transfer it from my turntable to my computer over the weekend and maybe by the end of the weekend, I'll have it up on Muxtape.com.

On the other hand, if you want it now, the track is available for purchase as an MP3 at Amazon.com.

CLICK HERE.
            Last edited by mel; June 20, 2008, 08:03 AM. Reason: added more info
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Here's a couple of lost disco hits I don't think that have mentioned yet. Both are c. 1976.

Tangerine-Salsoul Orchestra
              Baby Face-Wing and a Prayer Fife and Drum Corps

Comment

I'm sure Youtube has a clip of Stars on 45.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                  I'm sure Youtube has a clip of Stars on 45.

Aj
                  They sure have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx_AJF5ZRrU

Comment

Fly Robin Fly-Silver Convention
                    Boogie Fever-The Sylvers
                    Undercover Angel-Alan O'Day
                    How Much Love-Leo Sayer
                    Disco Lady-Johnnie Taylor

Comment

Having been in high school during the disco era, I'm not particularly fond of the genre (bad memories of dances, since I'm a poor dancer - and hula doesn't count). However, I am getting a great kick out of reading this thread, especially the knowledge of the posters - Mel, this is clearly another zone where you know your stuff! I want you on my "Trivial Pursuit" team.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        I'm a poor dancer -
                        I have 2 left feet myself. Working part-time as a school / mobile DJ got me into that scene without actually having to dance. The music is definitely not one of my favorite genres, but it did help me make some $$$ to get through college. Later I found that taking formal pictures of couples at the dance yielded a bigger payoff than just playing records.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Chic's Good Times may not get much airplay these days. But over the years, a number of rap and hip-hop artists have sampled that song. In particular, the bassline and background part.

The Stars on 45 medley (performed by the Dutch studio ensemble called Stars On) that hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1981 may be easy to locate and purchase. Be that as it may though, you almost never hear it on the radio any more. Let alone any of the Stars on Long Play album tracks. Anybody remember their 30 minute Beatles medley? They also had medleys dedicated to Stevie Wonder, the Rolling Stones, ABBA, and 1960s Motown.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

This is so sad...

...as some didn't learn from Viet Nam, obviously some havn't learned from Disco.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                              The Stars on 45 medley (performed by the Dutch studio ensemble called Stars On) that hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1981 may be easy to locate and purchase. Be that as it may though, you almost never hear it on the radio any more. Let alone any of the Stars on Long Play album tracks. Anybody remember their 30 minute Beatles medley? They also had medleys dedicated to Stevie Wonder, the Rolling Stones, ABBA, and 1960s Motown.
                              Not to be confused with those horrid BEAT-CLAP-BEAT-CLAP "Hooked On..." medley albums, like "Hooked On Classics" vols. 1-3 and "Hooked On Swing" vols. 1-2, and a similar "Turned On Broadway" two volumes.

All of which, I just noticed, I still own. Eww.

Comment

I could not understand the phenomenon that was Stars on 45. Of course, when Weird Al parodied it, I was hooked.

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X