HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 6

She's really grown up! She reminds me of an elf in a fairy tale (without the ears, of course) in the first picture. I mean that in the best possible way, I love elves!!! Very delicate and pretty face.
    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

And the real Sinjin.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sinjin; May 26, 2009, 09:55 AM.
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

<smooch> Lei K
        Attached Files
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

*sends aloha to pretty faerie elf baby* She needs sparkly flowers in her hair!

Real sinjin is growing up fast too! And also cute!
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Great shots all! Love seeing the pics of your families.

Brian, that shot with the boat is amazing. It deserves to be printed on canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
              <smooch> Lei K
              your kids are really cute! but, let's see a pic of the REAl Sinjin. I've had photos of me published on here - it's not that bad. Let's see one of the real YOU!
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                your kids are really cute! but, let's see a pic of the REAl Sinjin. I've had photos of me published on here - it's not that bad. Let's see one of the real YOU!
                My son and I at the "Igor" premiere +1 from Travel Town
                Attached Files
                Last edited by sinjin; May 27, 2009, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                  Great shots all! Love seeing the pics of your families.

Brian, that shot with the boat is amazing. It deserves to be printed on canvas.

thanks Jim! actually i'm giving a canvas print of it to a friend that lives in Kailua. we plan on renting a ohana from them in july!
                  website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                  blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

More Big Island Adventure:

On Friday night afer work I went, at the suggestion of one of my colleagues, to a restaurant called Rapanui, featuring New Zealand and Pacific Island cuisine. I had the catch of the day, Ono. Ono is the Hawaiian equivalent of Halibut. Very different types of fish, but the meat is very similar. My favorite. It was seasoned with cracked pepper and curry powder. The presentation was great and the flavors were mind bogglingly delicious. The waitress was very friendly and mellow. I sat outside in a little corridor facing the sea. I highly recommend it.

On Saturday morning I went to Kahalu'u Beach Park for some snorkeling.

Comment

More Kahalu'u.

I keep trying to get a definitive shot of a humuhumunukunukuapua'a, but it's not that easy. They move almost continuously and have an uncanny ability to keep their bodies at angles other than perpendicular to the camera.

This one's a slightly different variety of triggerfish.

Comment

On Sunday, I drove to Puna via Ka'u and Na'alehu. Somewhere between Volcano and the turnoff to Pahoa, I spotted this rusty Renoir. You can't help but like him.

Rootin' around furthur beyond there was this old bus being taken back into the fold.

I drove on past Pahoa toward the end of the road at Kalapama.

Comment

Jim75 and LocalMotion (Brian), you guys are amazing!

Such wonderous images!

Mahalo nui loa.
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

First I ended up driving toward the plume of smoke I thought was the outgassing from the vent. More on that later. It took me to a place where there were signs that said "Danger. No Trespassing. Enter at Your Own Risk." I have to admit I was compelled to get just a little closer to get a good shot. So I drove up to where there were some other cars and got out. Right away a woman pulled up and said we weren't supposed to be there and to come back at 5pm and we could go down to a place to view the plume of what must apparently be largely water vapor from where the lava is entering the sea. That's what I'd been seeing and had photographed last time. Not the outgassing. So I headed back toward the end of the road and walked out over the lava to the black sand beach.

In these pics of the waves, you can see how the water churns up and carries the black sand as it breaks on the shore, causing the wave to be black in color.

I've posted a pic like this before, but it's really an extremely beautiful and pleasant place to spend some time. Outside of this photo to the right, directly into the ocean, there is a small field of rounded black pebbles and stones at the surf's edge. When the surf retreats, the water rocks the stones together and they make a chorus of clicking sounds that is audible even with the sound of the waves crashing.

Comment

Well, it's almost 5pm, so I head back over to enter at my own risk. As you can see, there's not just one plume, but two. You can see a helicopter above the big plume. I'll post the rest tomorrow night. The best is yet to come.

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
                                Cool photo! I wonder what something like that weighs? And where they'll be cleaning it. Hmmm.
                                Each medallion weighs about 7,500 pounds. Read about them here.

And here is where they are being stored and will be cleaned.

This was shot about a week and a half ago. Today both seals are standing upright in this scaffolding.

This is when they were taking down the one in front of Beretania St.

And here is the same seal laying flat next to the scaffolding before they brought in a crane and hoisted it into the slot next to the one pictured on the top. This photo and the one on the very top were shot with my tiny fixed focus Sony Cybershot U30 pocket camera. The one in the middle was shot with the Canon S5 iS.
                                Last edited by mel; May 27, 2009, 10:04 PM. Reason: added more info.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X