Atonement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atonement

Watched Atonement at the Ward Theater with a friend today.

The movie can get confusing at times but if one pays attention while watching it, it should enjoyable.

Re: Atonement

The second half, set mostly in 1940, is ok. But still at this point a good ending will still have had me leaving the theatre happy. Hell, had they just ended the movie there, i would have been happy boy. Now i have the fantasies to carry out a death sentence with everyone remotely related to this film.

And then we get to the ending which is one of the stupidest f**king endings ever.

Little Sister made the lame ending up in her book, and that's why the film is called "Atonement".

She acts like because she wrote them a happy ending in her book she had somehow atoned for her sins and the music gets all sad yet uplifting and we're supposed to f**king pity her and forgive her. F**k that.

She answers to Karma...or some other very high power and punish her for what she did to those people. PUNISH HER!

The end. F**K THAT.

I was lied to. They lied to me. They said this was like the greatest love story ever. "Titanic" at 1995 would beat the pulp out of this film.

This film can kiss my toilet seat and lick it too.
    Last edited by Jack Hawksmoor; January 1, 2008, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Re: Atonement

Originally posted by Jack Hawksmoor View Post

This film can kiss my toilet seat and lick it too.
      maybe so, but will you atone for, yet again, NOT using the spoiler function?
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
      X