HT Book Circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT Book Circle

That's the trade paperback edition, and it will likely be the only one available in most places. I got mine at Bestsellers on Hotel Street today.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I went online at the Hawaii Public Library site today to see whether any copies were available. Looks like other HT members got the jump on me! So guys, if you got your book from the library, please read it fast so I can get a copy in time.

Comment

heh, anything to help out. I borrowed a copy from the library and read it. I returned it today so hopefully it will be available for you AbsolutChaos. My memory is not so good so I hope I don't forget it all by the time we start posting about it

Comment

I just finished reading "Children of Men". wow - once I got into it a bit, couldn't put it down.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I'm still reading it, just finished chapter 8 tonight. Is there some sort of schedule we have to keep when reading this book?

And yes this is the first time that I have been in a book club.

Comment

We got the book this past weekend, but haven't dug in just yet. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Let's take a temperature check. Those of you planning to participate, where do you stand in your progress through the book? I haven't set a schedule yet, so knowing where you are will help me out. Thanks.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  Let's take a temperature check. Those of you planning to participate, where do you stand in your progress through the book? I haven't set a schedule yet, so knowing where you are will help me out. Thanks.
                  I'm done with it.

Comment

I'm done with it too.

Comment

I finished reading it couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Finished Chapter 17 last night. The last two chapters (18 and 19) of the first book, Omega are pretty short so I can finish that tonight.

Comment

I haven't finished the book yet. I took it on the plane so I could read it but I only managed to read one chapter on the way to Dallas/Fort Worth.

Comment

Working...
                          X