Music Lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Lessons

Please recommend a place for guitar and piano lessons on Oahu (at the same location preferably) for children/youth.

Re: Music Lessons

Not Guitar or Piano, but I seen a flyer posted at Aina Haina Foodland that Troy Fernandez of Ka'au Crater Boys fame is currently offering Ukulele lessons, 1-on-1! I'm actually contemplating taking up that offer.

When I was in grade school, my piano teacher was Vivian Kwan, who had a studio in Kaneohe on Alaloa St. behind Windward Mall ( before the mall was there). I aced reading sheet music back then. Not so much now.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by OahuGirl View Post
      Please recommend a place for guitar and piano lessons on Oahu (at the same location preferably) for children/youth.
      That would depend on where you live. If you're in Hawaii Kai, are you willing to drive to Makaha or Haleiwa, or vice versa?
      I'd suggest that you call or visit the various music stores and ask their advice. Most (if not all) of them have bulletin boards with notices and cards.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Wish I lived on O'ahu! I could teach you piano. This is my thirteenth year playing it.
        'Alika

Comment

For guitar, you should definitly start out studying classical style. A few solid years of basic technical exercises will build a foundation that can be transferred to any other style.

I don't know about piano. It's good when you're studying theory, though.

Comment

My niece takes music lessons out of the Hawaii Music Works in the Pearlridge Shopping center (Uptown).

http://web.mac.com/hawaiimusicworks/...usicWorks.html
            Lovena

Comment

My sister and I took private piano lessons from Mary Lou Doehring at her house in Wai'anae. She teaches people from all age ranges. If you're interested, I could PM you her phone number. Like LikaNui said, it depends on where you live and how far you're willing to commute.

Comment

Working...
              X