Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jail time for LOST actress

Originally posted by MadAzza
    Such a simple-minded question begs only a yes-or-no response. Yawn. It gives the one being questioned an easy out.
    Which she didn't even take; she answered neither "yes" or "no"; she answered with condescension. What does that tell you about her?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
      Which she didn't even take; she answered neither "yes" or "no"; she answered with condescension. What does that tell you about her?
      I'd like to answer that but my vocabulary would get me suspended from HT. Hmmmm...I digress. I shall take this matter to my Blogg laterz for I have to get ready to attend a funeral.

Oh. The question wasn't to me. Ooops! So sorry. Still I would love to answer the question.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

If you ask me, the very question is condescending. It's like she was asking, "are you gonna be a bad girl and drink and drive again? Or are you going to behave?". The way Mahea asked the thing just smacked of haughty judgement. Maybe she didn't mean for it to sound like that, but it did.

Comment

Sort of like a "when did you stop beating your wife" kind of question? One that you simply can't answer satisfactorily?

Comment

I really don't like drunk drivers, and I'm not Michelle's number one fan, but damn if all the hate directed at her (not here. At a couple of other boards, they want her tarred and feathered and hung naked from a rooftop) doesn't get me to want to defend her. She didn't club a baby seal, for God's sake. She did something stupid (repeatedly) and just because she's not flogging herself in public doesn't mean she doesn't realize that.

Comment

I believe much of the anger is generated by people who fear that her pattern of driving while intoxicated may lead to someone's injury or death, and that said tragedy would have been preventable by the correction of her behavior. Her lack of (public) remorse leads many to suspect that she does not fully realize the risks of that behavior, much less have any desire to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe

She did something stupid (repeatedly) and just because she's not flogging herself in public doesn't mean she doesn't realize that.
                It wouldn't be so bad if she'd make some acknowledgement or nod towards contrition instead of blaming this, that, and the other thing for causing the predicament she's in and all the bizarre and irrational behavior that preceded it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
                  She didn't club a baby seal, for God's sake. She did something stupid (repeatedly) and just because she's not flogging herself in public doesn't mean she doesn't realize that.
                  Well, I'm not really sure if I'd put clubbing a baby seal so far beyond drunk driving on the morality spectrum. Seal clubbing makes you cruel, but not a murderer (except in Seal Town). Drunk driving carries real, deadly dangers for her and -- more importantly -- other people.

And being remorseful and circumspect is not irrelevant -- neither in determining an appropriate punishment, nor in respect to her livelihood. If Joe Shmoe is defiant in court, he can be an ass but perhaps still go back to his regular life. An actress in Hollywood depends on her "bankability" as a star... and even though legal woes keep her in the headlines ("any publicity is good publicity"), the fact of the matter is the people controlling the money in showbusiness would be idiots to not factor in the risks a loose cannon might carry in a production.

I like Michelle Rodriguez the actress. And generally like her admittedly brash personality. But I worry for her as a person... and hope things change so I don't have to worry about the people around her.

Comment

Unfortunately, Michelle Rodriguez the actress, will face the Judge in California where they are used to Fame and Fortune unlike here. Money, power and popularity in most cases has no bearing most of the times.

Her obvious reactions and public display of no remorse is disturbing to everyone. People like her are repeat offenders who eventually take away innocent lives. That is the Public Outcry and Concern.

She definitely needs Help in the highest form of Mental Assistance available. However, based on her attitude and know-it-all personality she won't seek it. They should have court ordered it for all concern. I hope and pray they do it in California. It is my gut feeling without proper treatment and incarceration she will not learn nor recieve adequate help in dealing with her Demons.

She is ill. She needs TREATMENT before it's too late for her and a victim or victims.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                      I didn't see it as condescension. I took it as a reporter asking a stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                        I didn't see it as condescension. I took it as a reporter asking a stupid question.
                        Condescension...isn't that where a gas turns into a liquid or solid?

Kidding, but seriously, how dumb was it? She told the judge about getting her period three times a month because of steriod use but doesn't want to answer whether she'll drink and drive again. kinda lame. i don't think it was a stupid question, it was an honest question that demands an honest answer. then again, i guess her response was honest.

Comment

Originally posted by sin
                          Nah, nah, nah --- that's "conversation."
                          Or is that where you try to use fewer resources...?
                          (Shades of "The Electric Company.")

Comment

Originally posted by sin

Kidding, but seriously, how dumb was it? She told the judge about getting her period three times a month because of steriod use but doesn't want to answer whether she'll drink and drive again. kinda lame. i don't think it was a stupid question, it was an honest question that demands an honest answer. then again, i guess her response was honest.
                            waves hand in the air!!!!

i am currently on steroids for cluster headaches. das dat mean i going get my period again three times a month? ooohh! i can have babies again!!! Yiipeee!

ahhh. wishful thinking. no can. no moa da odda part.

Auntie pUpUle

made ya all laugh on an Aloha Friday!

Comment

just saw the 5pm news...64 hours of jail time, released at 6:30am this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by sin

I do know that a solid turning to a vapor without passing thru a liquid state is called sublimation.

But the ironic part of the stupid question is that it gave way to a very stupid answer. I took her answer this way: Hey stupid of course I'm gonna drink and drive, you already know I've done it in the past.

Maybe the question could have been: What message do you have for your admirers? I believe inquiring minds would want to know what her feelings and direction would be after this episode in her life concludes. Her answer would determine if she would still have a following or not.
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X