"Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

According to Monday's Honolulu Star Bulletin the season 4 premiere episode airs on Thursday January 31, 2008 at 8pm (HST) on KITV.

Tonight's episode will be a repeat of the Season 3 finale at 8pm.

Comment

Highlights from tonight's episode.
      1. Flash forward for Hurley, with slight nudge to Jack at the start.
      2. Hurley's Camaro is fixed and running.
      3. Jack is in this flash forward but this episode is before Jack's flash forward epsiode from last season (says he is going to grow a beard in this episode).
      4. Flash forward also features Ana Lucia's partner from the LA Police Dept.
      5. So who are the Oceanic Six? Hurley, Jack, Kate? That leaves 3 or 4 more.
      6. If Hurley went with Locke why is he off the island with Jack?
      7. Looks like Hurley found Jacob but who's eye was it that look backed at him.

The place where Hurley and Charlie are talking, that is the edge of our model rocket launch site next to Windward Community College. The tree in the scene ate it's share of model rockets.

Comment

My wife and I blogged our reaction to the Season 4 Premiere, "The Beginning of the End." It wasn't the strongest kickoff, but I've still got hope for this abbreviated season.

Wasn't the eye that peered out of the cabin Locke's?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          That was my guess too.
          But speaking of eyes... Why does the color of Ben's spooky eyes change? Usually they're an incredibly bright blue, but occasionally they're a very strong green.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            My wife and I blogged our reaction to the Season 4 Premiere, "The Beginning of the End." It wasn't the strongest kickoff, but I've still got hope for this abbreviated season.

So did I, and I linked to your post even before you wrote the detailed version.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I assumed it was Locke's eye, too, but I dont think it's the right color. After watching it this morning, I think it's Jacob's, which is the same from last season.

But those bright white shoes in the chair, can't mistake those puppies! Made me scream when I saw 'em.

So, I got to thinking: I always assumed that Christian is smokie and Jacob is Jacob, then they were like having a meeting about the island and its new visitors or maybe they were like talking about Ben and Jack or something. But I've always kinda thought Jacob was smokie, so maybe smokie was just playing with Christian's body like it's a dolly. That's just a little wierd. It also doesn't explain what Locke was doing nearby unless Locke was in the cabin, too, joining in on the super secret cabin meeting, which might make sense since Locke and Jacob are like bff.

Lance Reddick was so scary - I would not want to go anywhere with that man. He might be my new favorite guy.

Comment

Anyone catch the recap show on wednesday night? The prompter on the bottom describing what was going on was soooo annoying. I felt like I was watching TRL on MTV or something. It was hard to concentrate on the action when the prompter was constantly giving you the play-by-play. Like when Jack was in his car crying before going to the ledge of the bridge, the prompter said "Jack was distraught. " No kidding!

Comment

I was trying to figure out who the narrator was of the recap Thursday night before the new episode began. It almost sounded like Emerson, the actor who plays Ben. It was wonderfully deadpan.

Anybody know?
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

The prompter on the bottom describing what was going on was soooo annoying
                    I could only watch it for about three minutes! I thought it was going to give us extra information that we didn't know but all it did was tell me stuff I already knew... like... "this is Juliet" - DUH!

It almost sounded like Emerson, the actor who plays Ben
                    It was TOTALLY Ben... wasn't it???
                    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
                      It was TOTALLY Ben... wasn't it???
                      No doubt about it.

Comment

On my way home tonight I was wondering who will be featured in tonight's episode. I figured it might be Jack with more than likey a flash forward and then I figured this season might be all flash forwards since mostly everyone has had their flashback episodes in the past.

Tonight was a good surprise, it was a flash back of 4 different new people to the island plus a scene with someone off the island.

Most of the flashbacks take place around the time they found the other Flight 815 underwater. One flashback notes that someone found a polar bear skeleton in a Tunsia desert, with a collar that has a Dharma logo on it.

At least Locke asked about the black smoke monster. He didn't get an answer.

So the big mystery is why or who wants Ben?

Comment

We were very happy with this week's episode. I was kinda worried after the season premiere, but... hot damn, I'm fully on board for this ride. As usual, we've blogged our reaction.

Comment

Oh! And if you'll pardon the plug, I'm also happy (and pleasantly horrified) to announce that Jen and I have also resumed our "LOST" podcast, "The Transmission." It's "LOST" talk for your ears! Looks like we'll be blogging right after the episode, then after waiting a day to let things percolate, we'll sit down to chat and discuss reader/listener comments.

I just posted our podcast for this week's episode, "Confirmed Dead." And, as I mentioned above, we liked it a lot. If you use iTunes to manage your music and/or podcasts, click here to subscribe!

Comment

Yaaaay Ryan and Jen, I can't wait to give it a listen later.
                              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Definitely happy Lost is on again. We just (re!) subscribed to your podcast Ryan and Jen. Big fans over here!

w00t!
                                http://www.wondermill.com/
                                http://www.icecreamforeveryone.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X