Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorial Day Weekend: This holiday I am...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day Weekend: This holiday I am...

What are you doing on the holiday today? Today is "clean and wax the car day", unexciting but needed so that the cruddy air (vog) does not eat through the paint.

We'll not make it to Punchbowl today, but did any HTers go there for Memorial Day, it is always so impressive on that day?
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: This holiday I am ...

hi this is sansei and today i went to punchbowl,i was ready to park my moped next to the sign where the walkway is where it lead's to the restroom and they changed where moped's could park so i was about to park it where the handicapped people parked only a another attendent says i couldnt so she told me to park it next to a motorcycle and i did and i was surprised that puncbowl changed the parking situation for moped's and motorcycle's and today was very nice when they had the nice ceremony so it drizzled slightly only it turned out nice and sunny and then i took some photo's of the missing man flyover and the 21 gun salute and then the royal hawaiian band and then after the ceremony was done,i went to the front to take photo's of the reef's and then i left so I thought to share my day with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

I'll tell you exactly what I did today.

I did NOTHING and I loved it!
      The most strain I got today was switching the TV to BBC America, just in time for the Monty Python marathon, I might add.
      Hail to the Chief Bloomenbergensteinenthal, shiksa.

Comment

Just what I need to vent.

K-den. I'm sad cause we lost an uncle to cancer the other day.

I'm sick since I came home from the convention. Too much honi honi's. I caught a virus. Fever and chills ain't making me dance. I'm miserable. MAMA went to my eldest bruddah's hale in Aiea. Safe away from me. Just joking.

I asked PK to take me to dee hospital. He told me he would drop me off.

Da nerve!! My late husband would stay with me and hold my hand.

So I neba go. I'm delirious and wondering about in my hale. PK got his nerve to BBQ Kalbi and Chicken on the grill. Lucky I no can smell. In fact, lucky foa him I'm weak...cause I would grab da Kalbi and whack whack him in da head!

I gotta take tylenol...the fever is making me see little green men.

Auntie Lynn

I want a bowl of soup. Just plain chicken broth. Please.
        Last edited by 1stwahine; May 26, 2008, 12:56 PM.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

awh, auntie! sorry to hear you're not feeling well. a summer flu? add some onions and ginger to da chicken broth. good for da body. get well soon!

i watered the lawn, took the dogs for a walk and did a little gardening.

sansei: i hope you didn't mean you were going to park your moped IN the handicap stall unless of course you either have a placard (where would one display it on a moped?) or have a disability license plate. it's a hefty fine.
          "chaos reigns within.
          reflect, repent and reboot.
          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
            awh, auntie! sorry to hear you're not feeling well. a summer flu? add some onions and ginger to da chicken broth. good for da body. get well soon!
            All I wanted was Chicken Broth.

Wat did he make? Kalbi and Chicken on da grill. Den he made Spaghetti. Foa who? Only get him and me.

I can't eat da kaukau cause no moa taste....I stay sick.

No sense me grumbling. He just came in with flowers.

Still no chicken broth w/onions and ginger. ha ha ha

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Re: This holiday I am

um? maybe PK seems to think that you're not going to do any cooking because you are sick? so figures that he better stock up on da food for the next several days? or, he thinks HOLIDAY, let's bbq? or, he got too many WHACK WHACKS and he went lolo?

a flower a day will help keep da docta away? ah. that's what he was thinking.

was wondering? why would someone say, "happy memorial day"? today i gave a neighbor some guavas and that's what he said to me. then he followed it up with a hug and a kiss?
              Last edited by kani-lehua; May 26, 2008, 04:29 PM.
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Eldest spawn is in town for the week-end. While we had nothing of a patriotic nature planned we did learn something interesting yesterday. A group of us got together for Sunday brunch at a beachside restaurant on a gorgeous day. My friend's husband mentioned his recently deceased father was a member of the 442nd. Wow. We toasted his dad and my dad...both WWII vets.

Saturday night ES and I joined some of my clients at the Shell for the Kathy Griffin show. Funnnnneeeeeeeee!!!!! She gave a serious shout out to the military then it was back to her celebrity bashing and the "gay picnic" that was in progress!!!

The only downer of this holiday week-end will hit in an hour when I have to take ES to the airport. I really don't like last days.

Get well soon, Auntie.

Comment

Northwest Folklife Festival, four days long, all over the Seattle Center. I performed in three bands on Sunday - our halau band (`ukulele/vocals), a Hawaiian group (bass guitar/`ukulele/vocals) and an `ukulele ensemble (just bass).*

The most challenging was the halau show; our kumu's father-in-law passed away a few days ago, so she and her husband (they are half the band) are on O`ahu right now. Last Tuesday night, she told me that they would be gone, and that we should assemble CDs for our dancers.

The heck with that, I said (paraphrasing); if I shifted from bass to `ukulele, I could sing 2/3 of the songs they had been practicing, and I could recruit some singers to help with the others - so I ended up getting another uke player (who also happens to be a falsetto champion from the 2002 Aloha Festivals), a singer/guitarist originally from Honolulu, and another bass player; they joined me and our regular slide guitarist. They knew most of the songs, except one we were premiering (composed by Manu Boyd at a hula camp just a few months ago), which I had to learn in three days.

We had no rehearsals - just an exchange of notes, comments, songsheets, keys, etc., over a couple days of e-mail. You know what? It was an amazingly strong show; one of our best ever. You surround yourself with professionals, and this is what can happen. It was a great day.

(*) = re: the `ukulele ensemble. Just learned about this video; be sure to stay to the end for my "special moment."
                  Last edited by Leo Lakio; May 26, 2008, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Nice, Leo!! Y'all done good. Looks like ukulele is quite popular there!

Oldest stepson here today, off to Kona tonight after a day relaxing at home with us. We went to Don Ho's to eat dinner while waiting to take him to the airport. Looked at all the beautiful tropical fish in the water around the Maritime Museum.

Auntie, sorry you sick. Rest, drink lotsa fluids. You know as soon as you get better PK gonna get it. (The virus, I mean, not the whacks.)

Comment

Lazed around mostly, but I did make it down to Ala Moana Beach Park for the Lantern Floating festival. It was a special thing for me because I attended the festival when I first came to visit Hawaii last year. It's hard to believe that was only a year ago, it seems like ages.
                      Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                      Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                        [...]We went to Don Ho's to eat dinner while waiting to take him to the airport.[...]
                        Didya get a chance to see any of the Seniors karaoke contest? I was asked to judge but I, too, had to go to the airport. Eldest spawn was heading home. Boo hoo.

Comment

Today seemed to bring a mixture of good things, along with bad (such as TutuSue had a loved one visit, but then had to leave, but at least there was the visit! Auntie Lynn is sick from too much politics, but that is almost to be expected from politics).

My cars are clean and waxed, so I'm pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                            Auntie Lynn is sick from too much politics, but that is almost to be expected from politics).
                            heheheh

Too many hours in an air-conditioned room.

Politics is FuN and Exciting!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                              Politics is FuN and Exciting!!
                              Thank goodness for people like you who are willing to go through the movements. I could not hang out in the political arena. Fun and exciting, politics??
                              Big gold star for Auntie for helping.

Comment

Working...
                              X