Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you met someone famous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you do if you met someone famous?

Thanks for that Vanguard. Yes, it must be hard to be famous.

I myself love it when strangers come up and ask to take pictures with me. I was recently asked if I would have my picture taken for a style blog (I guess I was looking 'stylish' that day?) and when I lived in Japan - I used to get asked on occasion - I don't even know why - because I'm a gaijin, because I'm err BIG (Polynesian build vs Japanese build), because I have tattoos, because they thought I was related to a famous rugby player/K-1 fighter/sumo wrestler (depending which sporting event we were at) or whatever - just put a camera in front of me and I'm gonna pose... but I'm VAIN like that. And of course, it happens so rarely it is not annoying...

And yes, I LOVE Prison Break AND T-Bag but you're right - that is creepy!
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Re: What would you do if you met someone famous?

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
      [...]I myself love it when strangers come up and ask to take pictures with me.[...]
      Many moons ago...1961...I was a major part of a magazine article that thrust me into the spotlight nationwide. I was a senior in high school. Oh Lordy, I had my 15 minutes of fame and I hated it! But what a wonderful lesson. It really prepared me for my career path altho', in high school, I had no idea where that path would take me. Strange how it led to working with celebrities. The only time I impose on their space is when, socially, an introduction is made first or I'm working with them and it's part of my job. Otherwise I will not approach them. Being on the receiving end of that gets real old real fast. I marvel at how so many of them can graciously accept the non-stop requests for photos and autographs and completely understand those who just plain ol' get fed up. Altho', to keep a fan base it's best to do the former and not the latter!!

Don't even get me started on the papparazzi!

Comment

Working...
      X