Favorite L&L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite L&L

It's all relative. When you live on the mainland and have to drive considerable mileage(5 hours) to find one, the taste jumps to 12 out of 10, IMPO.
    You betcha! Like when we went to Disneyland. All we were eating was Denny's. Got old after a couple of days. My wife's uncle picked us up and took us out to Torrance. Ate lunch at a food court in a Japanese shopping mall, can't remember the name. RICE! Mushy or not it was soooo good.

I for one would think I was in heaven if I were living on the mainland and found an L&L. It's a connection to home. Over here, we have choices so we can get picky. Sorry to you expats for the slam on L&L.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang

Eh, Lurkah, what about da new place in Selah? "Teriyaki Place of Selah"? Been there yet?
      Yup, az my friend Doug Fairchild's place. Get ono teriyaki plate lunches (he even sells his own brand of teriyaki sauces), but nomo da oddah kine mandatory stuffs like beef curry, beef stew, chicken katsu, loco moco, hamburgah steak la dat...

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
        Yup, az my friend Doug Fairchild's place. Get ono teriyaki plate lunches (he even sells his own brand of teriyaki sauces), but nomo da oddah kine mandatory stuffs like beef curry, beef stew, chicken katsu, loco moco, hamburgah steak la dat...
        So go tell him to expand his menu, den and you and Kalena can "volunteer" to be test tasters! If we eva down that way, we go try spock da place and give Doug some business.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye

Sorry to you expats for the slam on L&L.
          No slam taken here. We can understand and drool at the same time. I know that if I was still living back home, I would feel the same way. It's when you move away and realize what you don't have anymore -- that's when the appreciation and the realization of all that you took for granted before all kicks in.

It also let's us expats see just how spoiled all of you homies are.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
            No slam taken here. We can understand and drool at the same time. I know that if I was still living back home, I would feel the same way. It's when you move away and realize what you don't have anymore -- that's when the appreciation and the realization of all that you took for granted before all kicks in.

It also let's us expats see just how spoiled all of you homies are.
            Yeah, that's one thing I've noticed about the expats...we can put aside all our other differences and gather around any table and talk about our favorite topic: LOCAL GRINES we miss! No matter how serious the topic, the conversation will eventually circle back to..."remember da cocopuffs from Liliha Bakery?" or "where you can get li hing powder up here?" THAT is what we expats ALL have in common!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I was answering a post on the mac salad poll thread when I had the revelation about why I didn't like "bland" mac salad. I don't like it....if eaten on it's own. Think about it. We usually order what?....teri beef, or BBQ chicken, beef stew, curry stew, chicken cutlet or hamburger steak with brown gravy. What goes in your mouth right after you put in a fork full of mac salad? A piece of teri beef or stuff with gravy, and some rice....and the salad is ono. Eaten on it's own, bland again. OKAY, sometimes you put the salad in after you put the meat. Samesame.

Well bland mac salad is sorta bland. Try a mouthfull of mac salad and just rice. The mac salad actually has enough salt to go with the rice. The other fella I was answering to on the poll thread likes chopped green olives. Now that don't go with rice. Mainland style, they like all kinds of sour pickles and such in their mac salad. It just don't go with rice, I'm sorry.

Am I making sense?

So afterall, there is a reason behind this madness. They just trying to get you to eat more carbs when you don't need it. <LOL> Now I gotta go take my gemfebrozil. Wot's dat you ask? It's because of too much carbs. High triglyceride levels are not conducive to good health. It's what sometimes happens to some of us grumpy old farts.

Comment

Re: Favorite L&amp;L

You right, DRE! I notice up here they make the mac salad with Kraft Miracle Whip...patooie! Too sweet! I can always tell when they use Best Foods in the mac salad because slightly salty...goes good with salty food, yeah? When I make mac salad, I no use tuna, though. Just plain macaroni, plenty Best Food mayo, boiled egg, sometimes little bit sweet pickle relish, little bit milk for creaminess and sometimes a tsp or two Dijon mustard and ground black pepper for da taste. If I not lazy I also add frozen peas (no need defrost because going thaw out in the mayo anyway). Dakine salad goes good with everything and not as bland as L&L's!

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                X