Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoiled as a society? Eat out when you want? etc...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiled as a society? Eat out when you want? etc...?

Its so easy to eat out these days... I find it hard to cook.

I enjoy cooking...don't get me wrong... It just seems that now it's so much
    easier to pick up food from wherever...whenever!

As a society... I hope we don't turn into the "jetson mentality" and just expect to be able and push a button and have food delivered to us.....oh wait.... we already have that....

Let's hope it doesn't get to the point where food will be delivered via robots!

Re: Spoiled as a society? Eat out when you want? etc...?

If the robots were environmentally friendly and didn't use gasoline to pollute the environment like cars do, I wouldn't be against the robots delivering my food.

I don't cook and don't enjoy cooking when I'm forced to, so I'm one of those people who eats out more than I should. If I don't eat out, I live off a lot of sandwiches/hummus and microwave frozen stuff (with a lot of hot sauce added to make it palatable). If I can get a robot to cook for me, I'd be a happy camper. I'd probably eat healthier too with the robot to make my meals for me.

Comment

hahahahaha!

Just the other day I wrote about not wanting to cook anymore in my Blog!

Too funny!

I 've cooked for too loong.

I pau cooking.

I welcome the Robots with OPEN ARMS!

Come to Auntie Lynn and Serve me till the day I die!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        As a society... I hope we don't turn into the "jetson mentality" and just expect ....
        we are far past the point of being redeemable as a society that maybe is close to being spoiled.

Comment

We're becoming a nation of consumers. Hmm...becoming? I think we are a nation of consumers.

This nation was built on Levis, steel, and other manufactured items...now the big business here seems to be information. Everything else gets outsourced or made elseware for supa cheap.

Comment

As a society... I hope we don't turn into the "jetson mentality" and just expect to be able and push a button and have food delivered to us.....oh wait.... we already have that....

Let's hope it doesn't get to the point where food will be delivered via robots!
            Why do you care how I get my food? Frankly, I hope we *do* get to that point. It will mean we haven't completely fallen behind JFK's hopes for our scientific achievement.

Gee, I hope "we as a society" don't get to the point where we can just climb into a little box on wheels and it takes us to work! Or where we can just get into a shiny metal tube with wings, push some buttons and have it take us all the way to the other side of the ocean! We should have to paddle the whole way.

It always makes me curious when people have certain ideas about what constitutes the downfall of society. It goes back thousands of years. More recently, these things have been predicted as society's downfall: rock music, vacuum cleaners, end of slavery in the U.S. (the first nation to outlaw slavery -- it's still rampant elsewhere), automobiles, personal computers, stoplights, end of prohibition in U.S., forced integration of schools, miniskirts, television, cell phones, women's suffrage (look it up, kids), World War I, World War II ...

I don't care about "as a society." As an individual IN a society, I should be able to do whatever I damn well want as long as it doesn't physically or monetarily hurt someone else. If something I do doesn't meet "society's" approval, too bad.

I'm more concerned that "we as a society" won't evolve past ethnic bigotry (ALL types, not just the popular ones), or gender bigotry, or hatred toward people who make more money or less money, or who live in different (richer or poorer) neighborhoods. Treat people well and I don't give a flying rat's behind if you use robots to get your food.

Damn, I'm in a mood!

/soapbox
            Last edited by MadAzza; February 18, 2006, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Dammy Maddy, you sure ARE in a mood tonight, aren't you?
              Unfortunately, for every action, there is a positive/negative and equal re-action, and therein lies the rub.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                Dammy Maddy, you sure ARE in a mood tonight, aren't you?
                Unfortunately, for every action, there is a positive/negative and equal re-action, and therein lies the rub.

Miulang
                Hard science (physics) says there is an "opposite and equal" reaction. Saying it's "negative" is an emotional judgment. That's the result of a liberal arts education. Always looking for the negative. Haaa!

Yup, I'm in a mood!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                  Why do you care how I get my food? Frankly, I hope we *do* get to that point. It will mean we haven't completely fallen behind JFK's hopes for our scientific achievement.

Gee, I hope "we as a society" don't get to the point where we can just climb into a little box on wheels and it takes us to work! Or where we can just get into a shiny metal tube with wings, push some buttons and have it take us all the way to the other side of the ocean! We should have to paddle the whole way.

It always makes me curious when people have certain ideas about what constitutes the downfall of society. It goes back thousands of years. More recently, these things have been predicted as society's downfall: rock music, vacuum cleaners, end of slavery in the U.S. (the first nation to outlaw slavery -- it's still rampant elsewhere), automobiles, personal computers, stoplights, end of prohibition in U.S., forced integration of schools, miniskirts, television, cell phones, women's suffrage (look it up, kids), World War I, World War II ...

I don't care about "as a society." As an individual IN a society, I should be able to do whatever I damn well want as long as it doesn't physically or monetarily hurt someone else. If something I do doesn't meet "society's" approval, too bad.

I'm more concerned that "we as a society" won't evolve past ethnic bigotry (ALL types, not just the popular ones), or gender bigotry, or hatred toward people who make more money or less money, or who live in different (richer or poorer) neighborhoods. Treat people well and I don't give a flying rat's behind if you use robots to get your food.

Damn, I'm in a mood!

/soapbox
                  I must have to agree this time....

It goes back to the saying, "There is no right or wrong...It all depends upon ones belief system. If it is right to someone somewhere...then probably it is wrong to someone somewhere else."

Comment

whenever and wherever but its not necessarily good food. if they could add quality food to the equation then maybe we are spoiled.

Comment

I must have to agree this time....

It goes back to the saying, "There is no right or wrong...It all depends upon ones belief system. If it is right to someone somewhere...then probably it is wrong to someone somewhere else."
                      Thank you for your gracious response. I was afraid you'd be offended, and I was going to further edit my post, then I saw your reply.

HT is so cool! Most of the time. <smiley!>

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                        HT is so cool! Most of the time. <smiley!>
                        HA! MOST of the time...

Comment

Working...
                        X