"The Big Bang Theory" on CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Big Bang Theory" on CBS

Stumbled on The Big Bang Theory on CBS today. It's a sitcom about some young but social ineptness scientists trying to be friends with their next door neighbor.

Re: "The Big Bang Theory" on CBS

Purely fiction. A beautiful girl like her can only be friends (and nothing more) to guys like ... err, them.

Unless one of them becomes filthy rich like Bill Gate.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

This is one of the few scripted shows that I enjoy watching. It is witty, intelligent and has a great cast of actors.

Comment

Meh. I only watch because of Kaley.

Comment

When this was first advertised, I was having a fit. I hate it when anyone portrays physics types as being nerdy. But I have to say that I have really grown to enjoy this show. Yes, the characters are a bit exaggerated, but what show doesn't do that? I love some of the humor - they definitely have someone on their writing staff who knows their stuff.

And Random........ sometimes, in real life, the beautiful girls BECOME the nerds.....errr, physicsts

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
            And Random........ sometimes, in real life, the beautiful girls BECOME the nerds.....errr, physicsts
            Yeah, but some of them got the Hollywood bug. They got off-track because of what modeling and/or acting would offer them.

BTW, I'm kinda worried about the character Sheldon. Dude needs to get laid. Think you can help him out, Ms. Physicist Hottie?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              Yeah, but some of them got the Hollywood bug. They got off-track because of what modeling and/or acting would offer them.

BTW, I'm kinda worried about the character Sheldon. Dude needs to get laid. Think you can help him out, Ms. Physicist Hottie?
              Ha - if I were 25 years younger and single....and, if he were REAL........nah - I only go for the cool dudes

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                nah - I only go for the cool dudes
                Now why doesn't THAT surprise me.

Comment

I missed the first half of tonight's episode but I did like Sheldon's failed attempt to make Leonard look good in front of his date.

Comment

Came home right around the time that Sheldon got the signed used napkin from Leonard Nimoy as a Christmas present.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      Came home right around the time that Sheldon got the signed used napkin from Leonard Nimoy as a Christmas present.
                      Seriously, CBS.com should post up full episodes of The Big Bang Theory.

Comment

The most recent episode was hilarious! Especially at the end. The interactions between Penny and Sheldon always make me laugh.

Sheldon : "All I need is an ovum, and I can create my own Leonard Nimoy!"

Penny: "I'm just giving you the napkin, Sheldon."

Comment

Finally managed to watch a complete episode tonight, it was about Sheldon trying to get his driver's license. Best scene of the episode is when Sheldon tries out Howard's car simulation and he asks where is the air bags and Penny says she will hit him with a pillow.

As he starts the simulation he quickly gets into trouble and ends up in a simulated crash, then Penny hits him in the face with a red pillow.

Comment

Did like the secondary story of Howard amd Raj trying to find out where they are filming America's Next Top Model.

Comment

While tonight's episode is a repeat I didn't see it before. Things covered in this episode:

Leonard starts dating a doctor who Howard tried to impress but Howard fails
                              The gang uses a form of Jan Ken Po called Rock Scissors Paper Lizard Spock

Comment

Working...
                              X