Kids TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kids TV

I didn't watch much TV as a kid. I do remeber likiing Tom and Jerry alot though. He man was good too.

I didnt like GI Joe much though.

-vic
    Enjoy this moment. This moment is your life.

Comment

Hey whatever happened to "Zaboga". I remember when Daiei was in Pearlridge and they used to have a Zaboga motorcycle ride just outside the doors. Yea...Zaboga and his "CHAIN PUNCH"!!!

Comment

So Vic...you watched Tom and Jerry? Geez now I know where you got your craziness from. Remember the time you mooned I-94 from the parking lot back in the Queen Street days? By the way whatever happened to Mike G. I remember when some girl called in to the morning drive and she asked what he looked like, and Rory told her if she knew what Shaggy on Scooby Doo looked like. I think that pretty much destroyed that girl's fantasy of Mike.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Our Gang

Thanks for clearing up the Checker and Pogo identiies.

This is a trivia but would be nice to know the answer. In the Our Gang TV show, who was the character that used to live in Hawaii and worked at Pearl Harbor at one time? I think, his employment at Pear Harbor wasn't real long, maybe a year or two.

My dad could not remember his name, but worked with this "character". I tried researching this once buit could not find who he had in mind. My dad said he would recognize the person if he say the picture.

I hope someone has the answer to this.

Comment

loved seeing the C&P retrospect on KGMB a whle ago. Motivated me to then buy the video.
            quite dissapointed to see they weren't one and the same thing;
            that goofy intro music made up of alotta wacky 'found' sounds and effects is missing from the tape version. That's one of the things I liked most about the show...

Comment

Re: Our Gang

Originally posted by people
              Thanks for clearing up the Checker and Pogo identiies.

This is a trivia but would be nice to know the answer. In the Our Gang TV show, who was the character that used to live in Hawaii and worked at Pearl Harbor at one time? I think, his employment at Pear Harbor wasn't real long, maybe a year or two.

fit da bill?!

Jay R. Smith (1915-2002)

Jay R. Smith was born on 29th August 1915. When he joined up with the little rascals he was already ten years old, still he could stay for the next four years in the serial.

With the begin of the sound film and grow out of the children's shoes, the film business didn't offer any occupation for Jay R. Smith.

During World War II he served in the US Army. After the end of the war he took over a paint business. After his retirement he went to Hawaii but the last years of his life he had spent in Nevada.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                This thread is being started for the discussion of small kid time TV. Local or national, share your Kids TV memories here.

Anyone on this board ever appeared on KGMB TV's "Checkers and Pogo" show? Anyone remember "Captain Honolulu", "Romper Room," or the Lucky Luck's kids TV show?
                Yeah! I was on Checkers and Pogo and Romper Room. Remember the magic mirrror and Miss Robin. Hadn't thought about that in years.

Comment

Haha this is my friends membership but he asked me if I knew Checkers & Pogo and Captain Honolulu and I asked why and he showed me this. Being that I'm older than the trees planted in the new subdivisions in Waipahu above H1 He's letting put in a response. Talk about going back in time yeah I do remember those shows. My brother and I were cub scouts then and my mother a den mother and she got our troupe to go to the Checkers & Pogo Show. I remember having to cheer and stomp everytime they raised a sign.
                  Also around that time was the Bozo the Clown Show. I remember being on that show too and actually participated in a game where I had sit on a balloon to pop it.
                  Anybody remember Professor Fun? I met him at a dinner party giving by one of my many aunts and uncles when I went for a sleepover. I distinctly remember walking down the hallway going to get something to drink and heard a crowd on the patio and there was a tall man with spectacles and him asking who I was and all I could say was you're Professor fun and then I heard the crowd chuckle behind him and he had a big smile on his face.
                  Funny the things we remember.
                  I remember when Checkers & Pogo would send kids a packet to start up a Muscular Dystrophy party. I did that a few times. We'd have games and shows. Everybody had to cough up some change before coming in. LOL. We even dressed up some neighborhood pets to look like lions and bears and longhorns and charged a nickel or so to visit our homemade zoo.
                  Crazy kine stuff we did.

Originally posted by mel View Post
                  This thread is being started for the discussion of small kid time TV. Local or national, share your Kids TV memories here.

Anyone on this board ever appeared on KGMB TV's "Checkers and Pogo" show? Anyone remember "Captain Honolulu", "Romper Room," or the Lucky Luck's kids TV show?

Comment

Someone should point out that the host of the Captain Honolulu TV show was Bob Smith, and that he was not Captain Honolulu, but Sergeant Sacto.

I may have some details not quite right, but I think it went like this...

Captain Honolulu was modeled on a successful show in Sacramento, Captain Sacramento. But the guy who was supposed to appear as Captain Honolulu failed to show up when the show started, and so his 'sidekick,' Sergeant Sacto (Sacto as in Sacramento) filled in, and stuck.

I'm sure someone will correct this if it's off base.

Comment

I loved Checkers and Pogo! I want to get this
                      http://www.tropicislemusic.com/videos/childrens3.htm

but I wish it was on DVD. I still have my VHS player, but I don't know how much longer it's going to be working.
                      "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Originally posted by modpirate View Post
                        I loved Checkers and Pogo! I want to get this
                        http://www.tropicislemusic.com/videos/childrens3.htm

but I wish it was on DVD. I still have my VHS player, but I don't know how much longer it's going to be working.
                        You can get a new VCR for about $5.00 more than this video cost...
                        Or you could Dub the VHS to DVD.

Comment

Just came across an old tape of All My Children on KITV from 1978, what follows it is the Brady Kid's cartoon show in the afternoon, I see commercials for Larry Price when he was a sportscaster on KITV and a Longs ad where you only see the people's slippers walking thru the store shopping amongst other old ads.

Anyone remember this?

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                            I remember TV Pow on Channel 13, KIKU (before it became KHNL) between 1980 to about 1982. Of course it could have started sooner and/or ended later.
                            That version was hosted by Ron Wiley.

Aj

Comment

Working...
                            X