This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's For Dinner - Chapter 1

Spicey ahi and sushi from Sam's Club. Washed down with a bottle of water while watching an episode of Surface on DVD.

Comment

Bowl of Jambalaya soup w/oyster crackers from Safeway and a bottle of Pepsi twist
      Last edited by localgrl; September 10, 2006, 07:27 PM.
      Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Comment

perfectly cooked boneless Spencer steak, with Monterey seasoning plus several large glasses of Cabernet.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Fried chicken from Foodland, rice, and my mom's mac-- uh, spaghetti salad. Spaghetti makes a great substitute.
          myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Salad, slice of pizza, chicken tornadoes and a bottle of water from Sam's Club.

Comment

The final bowl of Auntie Lynn's Portuguese Bean Soup.

Yeah, I ate the whole damn potful. Had to share with some people at work, once they got a whiff of it heating in the microwave, but most of it was consumed by little ol' me.

Thanks, Auntie (burp).

Comment

Black bean chicken, fried rice and water from P.F. Chang's China Bistro. With ice cream from Ben & Jerry's.

Comment

Chicken Tetrazzini....and Jack in the Box Egg Sandwich!
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Tonight I'm Making Spasgetti (as my nephew says it) Spagetti and Italian sausage, Garlic Bread and some veggies...
                    sigpic

Comment

Roma Feast from the Tony Roma's Express at the Ala Moana Food Court.

Comment

Met da grandparents and my tita's family for an extended family dinnah. We grind on Chinese food. We had plenny dishes...honey glazed shrimp w/ walnuts, chicken w/ orange peel, chow mein, and some honey melon soup with shrimp and chicken. Hit da spot. Burp...

Comment

We had trout and potatoes, cooked in the oil from the home-canned chorizos.
                          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

BBQ Chicken plate lunch from Mahalo Drive Inn.

Going to eat some Ben & Jerry ice cream in a few minutes.

Comment

Nice, comforting, warming soup.

I browned a meaty beef bone in oil, then covered it with water and pressure-cooked it for a few minutes. During that time, I soaked a handful each of dehydrated, cooked wheat berries, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, cabbage, and leeks, and a few slices of dried garlic, in water to just cover. I then threw the vegetables into the soup pot along with some roasted baby onions and a couple of tomatoes from the freezer and two whole cobs of corn, hacked into bits...and half a can of celery (I know my dehydrated celery is SOMEWHERE in ths house!). Another few minutes of pressure-cooking, and then I cheated a bit and added a spicey stock cube, and a beef one, too. Then I chopped up the meat, gave the bone to Adobo the Dog (yes, he is a black dog), and lunch was served with a tall glass of cold milk and fresh bread with sweet butter.

We had more of it for dinner, too. And tomorrow, when I serve it for lunch, it'll be even better, but the kids won't like it by them....'Aw, Mom! Not soup AGAIN!?". Maybe if I add some cooked macaroni....
                              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Crackers...and water...we ALL have the flu!
                                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                                Sharing withother survivors...
                                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Working...
                                X