This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Name Game - Chapter 4

William A. "Pat" Patterson (October 1899 — 1980) was the president of United Airlines from 1934 until 1966.

Patterson was born on a sugar plantation on Oahu, Hawaii. When Patterson was 13, his widowed mother moved to San Francisco, California, while he remained at Honolulu Military Academy. Not liking the academy, he decided to leave. He persuaded a captain to allow him to work on his ship in exchange for passage to San Francisco.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_A._Patterson
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Melody Patterson - actress who portrayed "Wrangler Jane" in the comedy series "F-Troop." She was once married to James MacArthur, "Danno" of "Hawaii 5-0."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
        Nah, Aaron. It's Da Power of Hawntel DSL!!!!hahahahaha
        Auntie Lynn
        Auntie Lynn, I'm not Arron.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona
          Auntie Lynn, I'm not Arron.

My Bad. Da Kona gets to me everytime.heheheh

I apologize. I am soooooooooo SORRY!!!

Melody Aduja - Former Senator ( D , Kahuku - Kaneohe )

Auntie Lynn
          Last edited by 1stwahine; August 28, 2006, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Melody Thomas Scott - actress on CBS daytime soap opera "The Young & The Restless". Plays the role of Nikki Newman.

Comment

Isiah Lord Thomas III (born April 30, 1961, in Chicago, Illinois) is an American former professional basketball player and coach, and is currently the president of basketball operations for the NBA's New York Knicks as well as the coach, following the firing of Larry Brown. His name is spelled Isiah but pronounced the same as the more common Isaiah /aɪˈzeʌ/. He was also referred to by the nicknames Zeke, Cuts (for the numerous cuts over his eyelids), The Baby-faced Assassin, The Smiling Assassin, and Tuss.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isiah_Thomas
              Last edited by 1stwahine; August 28, 2006, 06:00 PM.

Comment

It was the valiant defense of Fort McHenry by American forces during the British attack on September 13, 1814 that inspired 35-year old, poet-lawyer Francis Scott Key to write the poem which was to become our national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner."

http://www.bcpl.net/~etowner/anthem.html

Comment

Thank you very much and..........(she says with great modesty) I didn't use Google or any other search engine English history was one of my favorite subjects in high school and since my ancestors were involved in so much of it, I'm pretty good with the trivia stuff. But - I can definitely get stumped!

Originally posted by SouthKona
                  Yes, you are indeed right! Thank you for the history lesson.
                  More: Stuart, Charles Edward, called The Young Pretender, The Young Chevalier, and Bonnie Prince Charlie (1720-88), claimant to the British throne who led the Scottish Highland army in the Forty-five Rebellion.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Isiah Washington - most handsome actor in the cast of "Grey's Anatomy"!!!
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

(just wondering - have we broken the record yet?)
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Isiah Whitlock, Jr., actor
                        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0926086/

Comment

William M. "Billy" Whitlock - an American blackface performer. He began his career in entertainment doing blackface banjo routines in circuses and dime shows, and by 1843, he was well known in New York City. He is best known for his role in forming the original minstrel troupe, the Virginia Minstrels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Whitlock
                          Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Comment

Tes Whitlock, former point guard for the UH men's basketball team. Hit a buzzer-beating runner to beat BYU in 1995. Famous for naming his jumpshot, "Tracy".
                            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
                              Tes Whitlock, former point guard for the UH men's basketball team. Hit a buzzer-beating runner to beat BYU in 1995. Famous for naming his jumpshot, "Tracy".

We beat BYU, 70-67. That shot was nominated by ESPN for an "ESPY."

Amazingly, Trevor Ruffin also hit a buzzer-beating trey the year before at the Blaisdell to beat ......... who else, BYU (69-66). In both instances, BYU had the ball for the last shot with the score tied, but turned it over. The menehunes were working overtime both nights.

Comment

Tes Tesfay, producer
                                http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1936963/

Comment

Working...
                                X