Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitar Hero

Originally posted by DaFerret View Post
    I'm hearing how much fun Guitar Hero and Rock Band are. Very tempting and I'm glad there are versions for the console I chose!
    Because of the type of gameplay, GH doesn't really need great graphics to make it work, but of course great SOUND helps. It would probably be just as satisfying on an old 16-bit Sega Genesis console. The CGI band members playing in the background is really just icing on the cake, IMO, and actually sometimes more of a distraction as a PLAYER, although somewhat entertaining in a silly way for onlookers.

If you read the reviews of the original GH and GH II at IGN and GameSpot.com, there's nothing but the highest praises for this franchise and in taking the "rhythm" genre to a whole new level of gaming experience.

DF, if you like rock music and guitars (or music in general), I highly recommend you take the leap and get GH III for your PS3.. you'll be glad you did!

I'm already looking for (a deal on) a second controller to play co-op mode, as I can't get the one that came with the game out of my girlfriend's hands! lol

We're already taking the leap into "medium" difficulty level, which actually makes more musical sense, guitar playing-wise, and a challenge, indeed. Expert level is insane!
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

DF, if you like rock music and guitars (or music in general), I highly recommend you take the leap and get GH III for your PS3.. you'll be glad you did!
      I sense that Santa will be generous this year. *pulls out credit card* :P

I'll probably wait till around late Jan. or so, gotta recover from the holiday season. heheh

Comment

Sprung for an early Xmas "present" today. Got the Wii version and it's been hard to stop playing. . .I'm irrevocably hooked. Downside? Having to hear "Slow Ride" by Foghat all night as my 9 year old is determined to master the easiest song before moving on to other songs. Like the new Gibson-endorsed Les Paul controller, a bit more sturdier than previous controllers.

Comment

Residual effects of Guitar Hero III

One nice effect of this game is exposing and having my kids actually listen and LIKE the songs on the game. Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine them requesting "Barracuda", "Rock You Like A Hurricane", or Metallica's "One" in the car on the Ipod. My son especially digs "Holiday In Cambodia" by the Dead Kennedys and "Cliffs Of Dover" by Eric Johnson. Good stuff!

Comment

Re: Residual effects of Guitar Hero III

I'd love to try one of these games.. at someone else's house. I'm not enough of a gamer to justify buying any of these systems (I'm happy playing Tetris). But I've always been a fan of interactive music games like DDR or Drummania.

So.. anyone having a GH party?
            Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
            Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Re: Residual effects of Guitar Hero III

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
              I'd love to try one of these games.. at someone else's house. I'm not enough of a gamer to justify buying any of these systems
              I hear you. I've never owned any game console. I don't have that much on my computer either. Mostly because I've never been good at games that require speed so I've never enjoyed them that much.

That's not to say I might not enjoy a game, but I don't know until I've tried it awhile. Not to mention that I've got enough distractions already.

Comment

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...115736779.html

The final chords.

Comment

Originally posted by kanahina View Post
                  no way - Wii is too much work - not fun - to play!

PS 3 = Blu ray disc player!
                  Sounds like the making of a couch potato. I...um Santa got our kids a Wii specifically to get them off their enlarging okoles and into something that burns calories. If they gotta play video games, make them work out at the same time.

Too bad for Guitar Hero. But then maybe Zumba Hero should be invented LOL!!
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

It's actually a testament to Guitar Hero's popularity and impact that an announcment about the end to the game's official support and development is a news item. Most of the time, the deep-sixing of video game franchises and, indeed, entire console systems, are carried off with little in the way of publicity and fanfare.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X