Door Prize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Prize

What was your most/least favorite door prize?

About 25 years ago, I won the grand prize, which was a TV! I also won a bottle of Tanqueray, which I gave back to be used as the following year's door prize. Oh, so many bags of rice, misc gift cards, boxes of Tide, umbrellas, tote bags. I'm usually pretty lucky, I always go home with something. I've never won a trip to Vegas, or the neighbor islands, tho... I'd love that.

Re: Door Prize

I don't even like Louis Vuitton but my husband won a Port Tresor wallet in a door prize at a golf tournament which was great I'm not a fan of theirs but the wallet is fun to have and a great backstory. He also won a trip to Vegas with 4 nights at the Cal which we enjoyed even though that is not our destination of choice. I win things like rice or similar that you've mentioned, I always give them to someone else who really wants that sort of thing. Not so the wallet!

Comment

I went to a party at the Honolulu Zoological Society a long time ago, and got a breadbox sized (more or less) elephant which served as the centerpiece of our dinner table. It's nice, I still have it!

Comment

High school reunion - home coffee roaster. Makes the house smell great on "roasting day" Saturdays.

Comment

A key chain from... better not say. HaHa!
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

When I was a kid, I won my first ever bike at a carnival. I don't know if it was necessarily a door prize, possibly a raffle or something like that, but I'll never forget that bike. It was a pink and purple Huffy with training wheels and streamers on the handlebars. The first time we took the trainers off I managed to crash into a ten foot ditch filled with poison ivy. Ah, good times.
            Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
            Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

I hardly ever win any door prizes (or anything else). The only door prizes I remember winning was a bar of soap and a wastebasket. I still have the wastebasket. I don't know what happened to the soap.

Comment

I'm more lucky with raffles than door prizes, but have won at both. The door prizes include everything from plants to gift baskets and gift cards of various amounts. The last door prize I won was last week at an Avon meeting where I won an extra large Sharper Image remote control which will be in the Avon catalog as one of our Christmas gift choices in the next few weeks. The best raffle I won was a trip for two to Cancun. I also like to call in to radio stations and compete for prizes....but that would be a whole other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                  I hardly ever win any door prizes (or anything else). The only door prizes I remember winning was a bar of soap and a wastebasket. I still have the wastebasket. I don't know what happened to the soap.
                  Heck I won a roll of toilet paper! My first door prize I ever won was a vinyl plastic table cover. I was 7-years old then. The best door prize I ever won was a $5.00 gift certificate to Speedex's father's restaurant on Oahu. I live on the Big Island woo hoo. Yeah I don't get too excited over doorprizes with my luck.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I got a choice of a cassette tape from the Hawaii public radio station cd/records sale. The prize was announced just minutes after I signed an entry form at the door. It must have been because my entry was at the top. The tape broked on its first play.

Comment

Oh, last year my husband won a table and chairs set from Hardware Hawaii.
                      The deal was if you were there and bought something and filled out the entry blank they put them in a jar at the end of the business day they pulled a name. They called us up and said he'd won and they gave us a refund on the purchase. Was a good deal to begin with but he said "gee, I should have bought the really expensive set instead!"

Comment

Working...
                      X