Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What residents of Hawaii miss while being at someplace else

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    Hugs are always accepted! Looking back, I can see how I might have come off as arrogant mainlander. I apoligize for that.
    I still like chicklets....DOH!!!!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      I still like chicklets....DOH!!!!
      i'm sure you also enjoy the thought three HT chick(let)s cyber-hugging.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
        Hugs are always accepted! Looking back, I can see how I might have come off as arrogant mainlander. I apoligize for that.
        I don't have any memory of you sounding like an arrogant mainlander. Without going thru your early posts, I do remember you complaining about the traffic out of Ewa. But complaining about traffic isn't unusual on HT. I have a fond memory of you and TG meeting, becoming pals and exploring the island. I thought it so cool that 2 malahini met on HT and became friends irl. The best use of HT, afaic!

Comment

ooh! if i weren't coming back to tha 808 for a long long long long looooooooong while, i would miss the wings at duke's waiks.

eric and i just polished off a po'dukewings wings & the fish tacos
          and it was yum!

woo drunken post!
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
            i'm sure you also enjoy the thought three HT chick(let)s cyber-hugging.
            Now that's a thought

Comment

Oh my EVERYTHING! Well except the traffic and the parking. And maybe the B-52's. But all in all I would take the Hawaii Traffic over the mainland mess in a heart beat!
              Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Aaargh! I'm in LA for 4 more weeks, and I'm dying to come home to Hawaii!!! Every morning I put on 105 kine online, and read the Advertiser. That helps. Sometimes I have to turn it up really loud to hear it over the traffic noise. I can't wait to be back home, complaining about the noise from the chickens!!
                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                  Aaargh! I'm in LA for 4 more weeks, and I'm dying to come home to Hawaii!!! Every morning I put on 105 kine online, and read the Advertiser. That helps. Sometimes I have to turn it up really loud to hear it over the traffic noise. I can't wait to be back home, complaining about the noise from the chickens!!
                  How's your skin? At least you have some home comforts with the online
                  radio and paper! The humidity is at epic proportions! I just walked M&K and
                  feel like the blood is boiling inside my body and I was completely coated in
                  sweat! YUCKO!!!!!! You'll be here soon enough!

Comment

Everyone here is griping about the 45% humidity and I'm like, "Really, guys? You ain't seen nothin'!" But I think I am getting beach withdrawals. This may be a medical condition yet to be diagnosed. So I think I miss the beach the most. And being close to nature. Here is just concrete and buildings and fields of burnt, dead corn.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I was up in Waimea (Kamuela) visiting HPA (Hawaii Prepatory Academy). The weather was a bit warm for that area with temperatures hovering around the upper 70's. The office staff there was complaining about the "Hot and Humid" conditions. Stunned, I asked what they consider good weather? Normally around this time of the year (August) at 2PM, the temps are in the lower 70's to upper 60's.

I was up there to check out a room my wife will be using for some training in a couple of weeks. They told me if we're using a PC to bring an adapter for the video projector because they use Macs. When I looked at the projector's video connection, I noticed a Mac adapter on a standard VGA connection. So they want me to adapt to their adapter? I simply pulled off the Mac adapter and ran it directly to the PC...much simpler...how ironic

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                        How's your skin?
                        OMG! My skin is finally back to normal, thank heavens!! The first 2 weeks in california, my throat closed up, and all the skin on my face and hands flaked and peeled off. My face didn't stop flaking the whole time i was there - I just had bad skin days, and worse skin days. I missed humidity sooo much. and clean air, too!
                        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                          OMG! I just had bad skin days, and worse skin days. I missed humidity sooo much. and clean air, too!
                          Oh, wow, TG. That's what's wrong with me... I have 40 years of adult acne/bad skin from not being in Hawai'i. No joke. My face was clear my entire time there.

Lolz, just one more reason I need to come back. Thanks. That explains a lot. So Cal sludge air is no good for anyone. Glad you're home safe.

Comment

I returned last week from a trip to my 40 year high school reunion in suburban Chicago (the film director, John Hughes, RIP, was a class ahead of me and married to a classmate of mine), a week in San Diego and a few days in Las Vegas. Even though the weather was great in Chicagoland and San Diego (and like an oven in Vegas), I missed the warm tradewinds, the beautiful blue ocean, the drive through the Ko'olaus, the daily windward rains, the people (especially of the upper Windward coast), and the warm spirit that fills me every time I return home. I must say that I DID feel a lot more warmth and friendliness from people in general in my visit back to Chicagoland than I had in past times. Even my first night there...I was craving a Chicago deep dish pizza and was blown away when the place that I went to (Lou Malnatti's (sp?)) gave my cousin and I a free large pizza and drinks just because they messed up our order and got it out late to us...that had NEVER happened to either one of us there before (and we hadn't ordered a large pizza...but it was great to take home extras for the following day!). At my reunion I was hugged and thanked over and over again by classmates who I had contacted (I was on the planning committee) who had said that that this was their first reunion EVER and that they wouldn't have come if I hadn't located them and encouraged them to come....after all these years!
                            Also saw squirrels in Illinois...rabbits in California...both in people's yards. Too cute! So good to be home!

Comment

oops,posted by mistake
                              Last edited by tikiyaki; September 25, 2009, 06:05 PM.
                              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                                oops,posted by mistake
                                Are you back on HT for awhile or just making a pit stop? Either way, nice to hear from you again! How's the band doing? [/off topic!]

Comment

Working...
                                X