Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weinermobile or Batmobile?

Originally posted by helen View Post
    A Weinermobile got a ticket while in Chicago.
    The Batmobile would never get a ticket.
    But as cool as the Batmobile is, being a Barris creation and all, there is something even cooler about driving around in a huge sausage.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      there is something even cooler about driving around in a huge sausage.
      I think the Governor should make this her official State vehicle! There's so much that could be read into that!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Yes...

...but that would deffinitely kill the cool factor.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Wienermobile or Batmobile?

Driving the Wienermobile seems kind of hard. The driver is sitting higher than usual and there seems to be big blind spot on the rear of the car, unless their is a window in the rear of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            The driver is sitting higher than usual and there seems to be big blind spot on the rear of the car, .
            That's exactly my point and why I think the Weinermobile would make a perfect State vehicle for her Governorship!
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Which contest was that? The kids singing the jingle? If so, Cara Owada from Makakilo won the nationwide contest when she was 4! That was 1998.
              I'm proud to say that I entered the contest yesterday by singing the jingle at the Ko'olau Times visit and had my picture taken in one of the hot dogs by a daughter of someone I know from work. I've been singing that darn jingle since I was a kid in Chicagoland (on various odd occasions like work, school, in the car, in the shower, etc.) and first saw the Weinermobile back in the 50's. They will have a drawing for the local winner later this month out of all the people who entered at the different Weinermobile stops on the island.
              They weren't giving out free hot dogs this year. You had to pay $1.00 to get a hot dog and a Capri Sun (I don't eat hot dogs any more so I bought one for hubby and brought it home to him).

Comment

I couldn't find the other wienermobile thread but this must have been interesting to try to explain to the insurance company. "A wienermobile crashed into my house"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090718/...ermobile_wreck

Comment

Good grief!!! THIS new story is insane!

Outdoor Circle says Oscar Mayer Wienermobile a rolling and illegal billboard

The Outdoor Circle has a beef with Oscar Mayer.
                  The group — the driving force behind Hawaii's no-billboard laws — believes the visiting Weinermobile violates laws prohibiting mobile advertising vehicles.
                  "At 8 feet wide, 11 feet high and 27 feet long the Wienermobile easily fits the definition of vehicular advertising as prohibited by a law passed in 2006 by the Hawai'i Legislature," the Outdoor Circle said today in a news release.
                  "It is a sight that draws a lot of attention, and that's the problem," said Director of Environmental Programs Bob Loy. "But the Weinermobile is little more than a mobile billboard. It's the kind of inappropriate advertising that is not permitted in our beautiful state."
                  (...)
                  The Outdoor Circle said it has sent a letter to Kraft Foods, the parent company of Oscar Mayer, asking that the Weinermobile be kept out of Hawaii in the future.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Honestly the Wienermobile spends most of it's time in parking lots rather than cruise around Oahu.

Comment

How can they say this and not jump on every 18-wheeler with signs down the side, or the pizza delivery cars, or any vehicle with advertising of any kind on it?

Oh, right...they are local, and that makes it okay.

The Redondo people probably called them; sales must be down.

Comment

I just saw a clip on the news about this issue: apparently trucks with signs which are primarily delivering goods (Sears, Home Depot, Office Max) or transporting people (Polynesian Cultural Center) are ok. Weinermobile has no purpose except to sell products - that's where the supposed violation comes in. And it's not making any 1st ammendment type of statements so it really has no purpose except to get us to buy hot dogs. Oh, and of course provide entertainment to lots of folks and bring smiles to kids (and most adults too). It's not necessarily the signs themselves, it's the size of the signs too. The Pizza Hut delivery dude's (or dudettes) sign on top the car is small & therefore is no violation.

I understand the value of the Outdoor Circle and appreciate that they do keep billboards out. But c'mon OC - attacking the Weinermobile? that's sad.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                          I understand the value of the Outdoor Circle and appreciate that they do keep billboards out. But c'mon OC - attacking the Weinermobile? that's sad.
                          How about a Vegan Weinermobile?

Comment

The Outdoor Circle is starting to sound like P.E.T.A, the ACLU, and/or the Sierra Club.

Comment

Kinda cute headline on the front page of today's Advertiser:

Weinermobile caught in ad beef

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I know! The Wienermobile just needs to deliver a few cases of dogs to local supermarkets; that should satisfy the law and the OC's requirements.

Comment

Working...
                                X