Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aloha HawaiiThreads!

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Yeah, that's sorta what I said too (#25, above).
    Maybe he gives group discounts.
    Me first!!!

I'm dee PUPULE ONE.

HAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
      Great Idea !!

And I'd love to play myself, but they closed down the IMAX theater so there won't be enough screen to capture me in all my naked splendor *cough cough*

Oh geez, I just realized there's at least ONE person on this board that has actually seen me naked. Love you Cran

Jim ? You sure you're ready for this ?? LOL

DD

*sigh* how many times MUST i have to tell you not to cause me public embarrasment...... do i need to rewire the password system again?

oh welcome to the board jim. don't mind DD he's ..ummm unique

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
        don't mind DD he's ..ummm unique
        ...just like everyone else here...

Comment

*sigh* how many times MUST i have to tell you not to cause me public embarrasment...... do i need to rewire the password system again?

So DD what was that YouTube link regarding Cran? Oh man when I'm bad...
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            So DD what was that YouTube link regarding Cran? Oh man when I'm bad...
            what youtube link?

Comment

what youtube link?
              Man the resolution on those hidden cameras is so fine...

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
                Jim,

Thanks! i just recently upgraded to the D300. I need the better high iso performance and the D300 rocks! i can shoot iso 3200 and not be afraid to look at them later... it's amazing, but not even close to the D3, but at $5000 i think i'll have to save some more pennies before that bad boy gets in my hands.
                Wow! Useable shots at iso3200. That'd make a slow lens fast and a fast lens like lightning. Are any of the pics you've got online shot at 3200?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  It's not just all right. Here on HT, it's a way of life!
                  Welcome to the group, Kimo!
                  Thanks LikaNui!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    When this wins the Oscar for Best Short Film next year, everyone remember where they first saw the concept. "Hello --- Sundance...?"
                    It could be titled "MOONdance". The papers will read "MOONdance shines at Sundance"!

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
                      Welcome to the board Jim! I'm a renewed transplant to Hawaii of 6 yrs. this time around (originally from Illinois ..brrrrrrr.. but last place I lived was in Texas). Hope that your move goes smoothly and that you enjoy our beautiful islands.
                      Thanks alohacandy!

Comment

Thanks CranBeree! You must be Chris's partner. Lookout Chinatown!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                          It could be titled "MOONdance". The papers will read "MOONdance shines at Sundance"!
                          Oh, you're gonna fit in here just fine, I can tell...

(BTW - If you click on the little boxes next to the "quote" function, on multiple posts, you can multi-quote 'em all in one message.)

Comment

Hi there! I'm also looking forward to move in to the Oahu area, we live in Houston Texas,I would appreciate any help in regards to middle schools as this would the deciding factor as where we would look for an apartment,( we have a 12 yr old boy) and plan to be there fro 3 yrs.
                            I'm a marketing consultant and work from home.
                            never have posted any comments in public boards so this is new to me!!

I loved the pics! enjoy music,photos, eating and people watching=)
                            by the way how cold is ND?
                            Last edited by fwinters; March 18, 2008, 01:54 PM. Reason: don't know what I'm doing

Comment

Originally posted by fwinters View Post
                              Hi there! I'm also looking forward to move in to the Oahu area, we live in Houston Texas,I would appreciate any help in regards to middle schools as this would the deciding factor as where we would look for an apartment,( we have a 12 yr old boy) and plan to be there fro 3 yrs.

Aloha fwinters! I'm just about to go to bed, but tomorrow after work I'll try to explain how to start a new thread that will draw more responses. There are lots of people here that can answer your questions.

I'm in SD and it's 28 degrees right now, which isn't terrible by SD standards. ND is usually quite a bit colder.

Comment

Originally posted by fwinters View Post

Entering a new school system at the middle school time can be a difficult time for any child as peer pressure is high. Moving into another culture is also difficult. If you want your boy to make that transistion well I strongly suggest private school where tolerance to racial diversity is better (except Kamehameha Schools for obvious reasons).

Another thing to remember is that our demographics are more diverse as well so as a marketing consultant, you'll have to understand it as well. For all practical purposes, Hawaii may as well be considered a foreign destination when it comes to culture. East meets West, literally and with CONUS influences, there's a lot of issues here when it comes to Locals vs Mainlanders. It's how you integrate with the local culture is how you will make your move to Hawaii an enjoyable one or a regrettable one.

When I moved to Idaho, I fought the local way of life (I didn't like rodeo's and square/round dancing). Then I realized I was the loser so I dived into everything Idaho and spent a really great time up there.

The biggest mistake I see from people moving here is when they bring their mainland mentality to the islands and try to transplant it as the ruling way.

Remember you were drawn to the islands for a reason and that's because Hawaii offered something that was lacking in where you're from. Why would anyone want to bring what they want to leave behind with them?

This is the time to leave the attitude, emotional baggage and other negatives that made you want to leave where you're from, and come with a blank slate and start a new life. For your 12-year old boy that transistion can be traumatic if it's not done wisely.

My 12-year old boy recently went on a trip to Arizona with his school. I told him this is a learning experience and to go with an open mind and absorb everything Arizona has to offer. He did and he came back with great memories about the people and the landscape. He still talks about that trip fondly.

When people from the mainland tell me, "In New York we do it this way..." I respond, "This is Hawaii where we do it differently so leave New York in New York and enjoy your stay here"

When you do come here make sure you keep in touch with Hawaii Threads as it can be a great place to understand us here and to enjoy the hidden gems that only locals know of and are willing to share with you. Hawaii Threads is a vital resource for both Malahini and Kamaaina.

Comment

Working...
                                X