Posters you miss on HT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posters you miss on HT

I don't remember how many years I've been a member of HT, a couple maybe? Typical of many fora, posters come and go, over the years. The "personality" of HT has changed over the time I have been a member through the composition of those who are currently posting most frequently. There are some members that have made an impression on me that don't seem to post as much anymore or don't post at all. I wish they still maintained the same enthusiam for HT they once had.

I know I am going to leave out some screen names that I should include, but let's just chalk it up to faulty memory as a result of old age and an inherent limitation of brain cells.

First, I miss BARRY. Well, nobody can do much about that. Farewell and blessed be, amigo.

And AUNTIE PUPULE and TATTRAT don't post as much anymore. But I know that both are busy with other projects right now with greater priority. But I miss them. What I wouldn't do for a couple of Whack Whacks right now. And Tatrati, laughter is the best therapy, hurry back brah.

SEEKING PENANCE, VANGUARD, ALOHACANDY, TIMKONA, SUSIE MISAJON, BLUEYECICLE, SHAVEICE, yes and even SALMONED and BOBINATOR never post anymore. Whassup?

I know I left some out and I apologize. I miss you guys, you like ohana, famili.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: Posters you miss on HT

Aloha Matapule, thanks for the aloha. I miss Madazza, and Damon.

I'm gonna start a thread just cuz.
    Last edited by timkona; October 20, 2010, 04:21 AM.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

We haven't seen anything from TurtleGirl recently either.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        And AUNTIE PUPULE and TATTRAT don't post as much anymore. But I know that both are busy with other projects right now with greater priority.
        Indeed. With Lynn running for office, she's probably being cautious about where and what she posts online - and her attention is likely where it should be. Same with Jon's focus on improving his health.

In addition to some of the folks mentioned already, I wish we heard from Lurkah more often; but if we did, he wouldn't be living up to his name, would he?

Susie Misajon doesn't have regular computer access any longer, according to people who monitor her occasional and rare Facebook updates.

I still keep the private message Barry sent me, the crazy buggah, about meeting another HT'er irl. Drink a pint in his honor from time to time.

Comment

Matapule...check the upper right corner of any of your posts for your join date!

Funny, I was just thinking about Turtlegirl yesterday and hoping her absence is due to the plethora of union Extras work on the island right now. Hopefully she's working like crazy!!! That, or she's found Mr. Right. Or...both!!!

Comment

Aloha all! I'm here and I'm fine! Tutusue is right - with all of the filming going on here in Hawaii, I have been spending every waking moment either working, or agressively chasing down more work! Gotta strike while the iron is hot, come December and January production will grind to a halt for the holidays, and I need a little something in the bank to ride it out. Aaaahhh, the life of an actor!

Sidenote: no new "Mr. Me" yet, buy dayaaam some of these crew guys are hawt!!
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I am flattered to be mentioned!

I have just been swamped with focusing on work, health(or lack there of), and find that keeping busy keeps my mind off things. I have taken a promotion too, about 5 months ago, I now oversee the culinary operations of 9 of our DC units, so it spreads me a lil thin.

I miss posting here, and will do when time permits.

I miss Ed/Tikiyaki, I still like Tims postings, I always like seeing what Tutu has to say, Graig I wanna meet on my West Coast catch up tour, and I am sure Auntie is supper busy. I am always amazed her her commitment to community and the well being of others, she IS aloha, imo.
              flickr

An email from God:
              To: People of Earth
              Date: 9/04/2007
              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

I like to see more conservatives posters. I think Sansei is the most conservative poster right now. And he gets picked on because of his political views. But, he doesn't dig out like other conservatives when others disagree with them.
                Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh gets it. I saw the clip where O'Reilly made a couple of ladies of The View do a walkoff. Rush Limbaugh had a big part in the storyline for Family Guy a couple weeks ago. You can see them winking at the audience to see how far he can rattle a liberal. It's like they're guest hosting SNL and do skits making fun of themselves.

Comment

What happened to Lei Liko?

And alika (can't remember her screen name) from Maine?
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                    I like to see more conservatives posters. I think Sansei is the most conservative poster right now. And he gets picked on because of his political views.[...]
                    He mostly "gets picked on" because of ridiculous statements such as his latest..."...he was like bcarter who was the same way and you'd know he only served one term and he was impeached." Sansei was comparing "pres o" to an impeached "bcarter"! Oh Lordy! Yes, he's conservative (nuthin' wrong with that) but he never cites facts and makes false and misleading statements time after time after time.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      I like to see more conservatives posters. I think Sansei is the most conservative poster right now. And he gets picked on because of his political views. But, he doesn't dig out like other conservatives when others disagree with them.
                      Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh gets it. I saw the clip where O'Reilly made a couple of ladies of The View do a walkoff. Rush Limbaugh had a big part in the storyline for Family Guy a couple weeks ago. You can see them winking at the audience to see how far he can rattle a liberal. It's like they're guest hosting SNL and do skits making fun of themselves.
                      What the h3ll does this thread have to do with politics? Why WB, do you want to inject politics into this thread? You make a BS statement like that above and then you whine when a number of folks here do not agree with you. If you want more conservative posters who will just parrot back your own insecure convictions on politics, go to teaparty.com. There you will get all the reaffirmation you want about Limbarf and BORe (wink, wink).

I, for one, appreciate the give and take of diverse political opinions. Other people's opinions challenge me and make me think about my own convictions. That's one of the reasons I miss some who don't post as much here anymore. But leave the political harangue off this thread. Take it someplace else.
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Hey, I doubt anyone's missing me - my latest post was less than 2 weeks ago and nothing posted since has especially got my goat or tickled my fancy enough to contribute to the HT 'lunatic asylum'. [Of course, I may have missed some juicy threads in the headings I usually bypass.]
                        Last edited by salmoned; October 20, 2010, 11:14 PM.
                        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          What the h3ll does this thread have to do with politics? Why WB, do you want to inject politics into this thread? You make a BS statement like that above and then you whine when a number of folks here do not agree with you. If you want more conservative posters who will just parrot back your own insecure convictions on politics, go to teaparty.com.
                          Bill Maher of Real Time pleads with conservatives to appear on his show as panelists. That show is more fun when there's a conservative on the panel. Either side preventing opposing views is a form of political cockblocking. When that happens. It stinks or as kusai dat.
                          If you don't agree with what I wrote. Walkoff Balk will do a walkoff like the ladies of The View did.
                          Exit: Stage Left
                          Last edited by Walkoff Balk; October 21, 2010, 08:43 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Maddie...she's cool. Auntie Lynn is alive and posting well on FB.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Yep...I miss Maddie, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X