Your Favorite Comfort Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Comfort Foods

One of my favorites is steamed Lup Cheong And Rice...

Steamed Lup Cheong and Rice, with a drizzle of Shoyu

Comfort foods are all about familiarity to what you like best, based on what you grew up with; most often very simple in preparation. No frills. Just stick-to-your-ribs goodness.

Whether it be that Loco Moco from your favorite plate lunch joint down the street, mom's beef stew, or eating an entire tub of ice cream filled with chocolate chips, sugar waffle cone bites and caramel late at night in one sitting (as a confession, I often do that!). Here's an HT thread to share your favorite comfort foods!
    Last edited by Pomai; August 30, 2009, 07:55 PM.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Your Favorite Comfort Foods

I like fresh fruit such as oranges, apples, bananas, and pineapples for everyday eats.

Comment

I'm so envious, WB. I, too, love fresh fruit but my comfort food of choice, the one that somehow makes the world right is...

...come on, ladies, you know what it is!

Chocolate!

Comment

Ever since someone said chocolate is an aphrodisiac, everything has to be or have chocolate in it. It's to the point where I'd bet chocolate chip cookies without the chips would be a big seller to half the population, and you know which half!

OP - Pizza and/or ice cream (not chocolate!), or pizza ice cream...
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          [...]
          OP - Pizza and/or ice cream (not chocolate!), or pizza ice cream...
          I'll opt for the chocolate pizza!

Comment

Walkoff Balk, I eat plenty of fruits. Love it. My regulars include apples, nectarines and bananas. Always in my shopping cart at the grocery store. Great anti-oxidants and vitamin 'n mineral providers that keeps my system in check.

Tutusue, I'm ok with Chocolate, as long as it's accompanied with CARAMEL!

Getting back to 'savory' comfort food at its best, here's a great shot of a Teriyaki burger from Forty Niner Restaurant in Aiea...

Teriyaki Burger from Forty Niner Restaurant in Aiea (near Pearlridge)
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Killer!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              I'll opt for the chocolate pizza!
              That belongs in the best comeback thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                Here's a great shot of a Teriyaki burger from Forty Niner Restaurant in Aiea...

Teriyaki Burger from Forty Niner Restaurant in Aiea (near Pearlridge)
                Someone somewhere sed the food there was only so-so. Per that pic - Liars!
                Man, if there's a God that should be edible directly thru the monitor screen!

Comment

My favorite comfort foods are Intestines.

Pinapaaitan, Dinoguan, Na'au Pua, Korean Style, etc.

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; May 1, 2011, 03:38 PM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I like just about anything that can be found in a bakery: bread, donuts, pastries, cupcakes, cookies, cake. Doesn't always have to be chocolate. But I'm trying so hard not to eat that crap anymore. I've lost over 15 pounds since we moved back here and I'm determined to keep going.

Edamame has become a big one for me. I used to take this to the beach a lot. Have edamame; will travel! Another one from Hawaii is brown rice, chicken, a sprinkling of cheese, and just a little bit of soy sauce. Man, I used to eat that all the time.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Never mind the photo: easier to just say Nabisco Saltines and Cheese Whiz!
                      Last edited by Albert; August 31, 2009, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Testing to see if Albert's missing image shows up in a quote (his link was missing a "w" in the "www" of his url).

Yeah - but it's incomplete - and HUGE - so I removed it from the quote.

In other words - this post means nothing, so I'll give it a value by simply saying ... a grilled cheese sandwich. (That's my top comfort food.)

Comment

Yikes, tried but failed to get that photo smaller. Okay, it's one of my favorite combos, but no need to be billboard size.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                            Okay, it's one of my favorite combos, but no need to be billboard size.
                            Well - when you really love a particular food, and you want the world to know it ...

Now, if Lurkah is lurkin' around here, maybe he can drop you a line and assist with the photo resizing issue...?

Comment

Pizza is the best. Only the teenage mutant ninja turtles like it more than me I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X