Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Who won the first presidential debate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poll: Who won the first presidential debate?

I really don't think Big Bird is going to do Romney in. The Big Bird enthusiasts wouldn't have voted for Romney anyway, and he'll please the rightists, who hate PBS. It was a carefully calibrated bone tossed to the Republican Right, which will make no difference to the central issues of budget and taxes.
    Greg

Comment

http://thebubble.msn.com/video/?vide...us_msnhpvidmod

Romney meant that it's duck soup to win the big bird debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
        I thought Romney won.
        Clearly regardless of who won, it translated to a boost in the polls for Mitt. What I want to know is, what ever happened to the court challenge brought by Gary Johnson against the Commission on Presidential Debates?

Bloomberg News
        Romney Leads Obama in Pew Likely Voter Poll After Debate

By Jonathan D. Salant and Julie Bykowicz on October 08, 2012
        Republican nominee Mitt Romney leads President Barack Obama by 4 percentage points among likely voters in a Pew Research Center poll that shows the Republican challenger getting a bounce from last week’s debate.

The survey taken Oct. 4-7, following the Oct. 3 presidential debate in Denver, gave the former Massachusetts governor 49 percent among likely voters and Obama 45 percent. Among registered voters, 66 percent said Romney won the debate and 20 percent said Obama did.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/lindsay-lo...%E2%80%99.html

I'm voting for Romney cuz Lindsay says it so.

Comment

It wouldn't be that bad if Romney won. Privatizing social security and medicare, ending medicaid, ending mortgage interest deductions wouldn't hurt the real estate or housing or construction industries at all. Deregulating Wall St. again is an idea whose time has come, what could possibly go wrong. As to a war with Iran, well wars are good for the economy, aren't they? Its time for a change! Enough with this dull plodding responsible government, lets have some excitement for a change!

Comment

The wedge parties have a good chance of shifting the vote a few percentage
              points this way or that.

The exclusion of the third party candidates is a tacit admission that
              the election will be a an edge of chair experience.

Comment

Long ago a cynical friend commented that issues are red herrings. I laughed. But it is so true.

Comment

Long ago a cynical friend commented that issues are red herrings...........But it is so true.
                  Red herrings for what?
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I guess the idea is people often do not vote on the basis of the issues. Here's an example. A friend of a friend was from a Republican family and that was his reason for always voting Republican. He was totally aware that Republicans almost always screwed things up, but he actually said the Democrats were always there to fix things up. So why vote to mess things up in the first place? Like deliberately ruining your car because you can always find somebody to fix it. Although he had a good career, in his mid 30's he decided to become a heroin addict, I haven't seen him in 20 years and don't know what ever became of him. Equally bad judgment, I think, equally unrealistic: ruin it because you can always get it fixed. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Comment

Matapule is an issues voter, regardless of political leanings....and I'm not talking about BS issues, we're talking about REAL issues.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I guess the idea is people often do not vote on the basis of the issues.
                        Many people do not vote FOR a candidate so much as they vote AGAINST the other candidate. Probably the philosophy of this guy:

Comment

I guess that guy is the definition of a skinhead. Somebody must have turned over a rock.

Comment

The stupidest reason I have heard of for voting for someone is if the candidate's name is first on the ballot. I have a lot of hope and faith that people put at least a little more thought than that into casting their vote. People don't realize how serious it is. Its infinitely more important than "Yay Team!" or keeping with a family tradition or responding to emotional appeals or lies. It actually is hiring someone to work for you. If you were hiring a plumber or an accountant or a doctor you would look beyond emotionally pleasing appeals or attacks on competitors and go for the best you could find, and that is who you want making decisions about taxes, war or peace, etc. Look at the incredible contrast between Clinton and bush, competence v. ineptitude, stupidity, and sloth. I am depressed that Romney's lies seem to be working. With his record of inept and inappropriate blathering he gives all the signs of being another loose cannon, the country can't afford any more of that, it needs mature and deliberative leadership, not another bush.

Wow, that guy's t shirt says so much. There isn't a thing you can do about people who vote on racism. They are free to vote on that or any other basis they want. Still, if that guy had a choice of hiring a white heart surgeon with the ineptitude of gw bush or a Black one with the competence of Barak Obama I think he'd chose the competent Black one. Jeeze, and Obama is half white anyway!
                            Last edited by Kalalau; October 15, 2012, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X