Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cockroaches?

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
    Sorry, I don't care how cute something is, when it drops on my head while I'm taking a shower, it dies. If only because I accidentally slammed it into the wall while screaming and flailing.
    Hmmm I'm trying to visualize that image...screaming and flailing your arms buck naked in a shower stall. I wonder what the neighbors must have thought
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      I don't have any monkeys at mine but then again I haven't really looked behind the fridge to confirm that either
      Sure you do, on the other end of the mirror?

Before this gets out of hand, my original post was a test post since I was having trouble posting and logging in - notice the shortening of name. It was meant in fun, but for the record - cleaned behind the refrigerator, still no cockroaches.
      ___
      "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
        Sorry, I don't care how cute something is, when it drops on my head while I'm taking a shower, it dies. If only because I accidentally slammed it into the wall while screaming and flailing.
        I used the description "cute" as a joke in describing a cockroach. Because it seems like PETA favors the cute animals over the bugs like a cockroach. The only cute cockroach is a cartoon one with a SpongeBob voice.

Comment

Scientists found a way to zombie-fy, de-zombie-fy and re-zombie-fy cockroaches using a synthetic neurotransmitter. We need zombie cockroaches on demand because?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...naturalscience

Comment

Originally posted by infinitypro View Post
            Sure you do, on the other end of the mirror?

Before this gets out of hand, my original post was a test post since I was having trouble posting and logging in - notice the shortening of name. It was meant in fun, but for the record - cleaned behind the refrigerator, still no cockroaches.
            I thought I needed a shave
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I think I need a shave...I remember living in Houston Tx. Every night an army of those creatures would appear .
              I rented a small house and the owner had a big boat parked in the front yard.I used to sit in the Captains chair foggily surveying everything I could see.
              when actual flooding happened in that region, I felt calm ,sitting in that catbird seat
              BTW ..Houston is a ghastly place to live, especially if one is of the "Brown Persuasion"
              Hugs and Kisses
              Chris

Comment

I recently changed shifts--now come home at the "cockaroach" hour. The first night my husband thought I was tearing the apt apart. "No, honey, go back to sleep--just smacking roaches." Now I see all their hideyholes. No rest until they are ELIMINATED!!

BTW finally saw a dead centipede the other day out on our walk. Yea, gonna take more than a slippah to stop that thing! Glad we live on the 2nd floor.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahah! Aaaaahahaha!!

Sven had his first encounter with a B-52 tonight!!

I was in the living room watching "Charlie Brown - The Great Pumpkin", and I hear a giant commotion from the bedroom. I peek around the corner, and Sven's charging at the closet with a book in hand ("Broken Trust" from my nightstand) and proceeds to throw my shoes every which way, cursing and whacking the whole time. Hilarious!!

So I calmly ask him whats up, and he's killed some giant critter, and I really don't want to know whats going on, once I see this, but...

Turns out a giant palmetto bug or B-52 flew right at his face, he swatted it, and it ran for the closet. He must have whacked it 17 times before it was all over. The cleanup seemed pretty gross, too. Lucky me, I wasn't watching....
                  ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

AaaaaaaaaaccccccccKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkK!! I just got 'got' too!!

I was on my patio, typing to HT and something heavy came up my leg, dashed across my laptop screen, flew at my face, then settled back onto my laptop screen! Freak out!! Thank god I didn't leap up with the computer on my lap!! I had the werewithal to set it down, then run away shrieking!!

This never happened to us!! Two attacks in one night!!? Is this B-52 season? Is it because of the rain?

Comment

Aww, I'm so sorry! My grandparents lived in Florida and they had those nasty B-52's there. I remember them well. You're much smarter than I am- my laptop would have gone flying.

One great method I've found is wrapping a phone book in newspaper. Drop the phonebook on the intruder, jump on it a few times for good measure, then scoop up the newspaper and toss! You may have to get pretty good at flinging phone books at moving targets, though.

Go on to fight the good fight!

ETA: I missed Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin?????

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                        AaaaaaaaaaccccccccKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkK!! I just got 'got' too!!
                        LOL

Poor peanut

At least it didn't scurry into your mouth when you screamed

proceeds to throw my shoes every which way, cursing and whacking the whole time.
                        Oh I know that feeling. I'll spend an hour tracking a roach down and then torment it.

One time my mom slaved over the stove, making friend rice. She put it on a plate and covered it with Saran Wrap. Then she started washing the dishes. When she looked back, she saw a B-52 sitting on the plate, chomping through the Saran Wrap. My mom got so pissed she grabbed it with her bare hand, made it look her in the eye, and scolded it like a child. It didn't seem apologetic, so she screamed at it and ripped its head off.

I think I know where I get it from

Oh yeah. A few minutes later I saw the headless body crawling out of the trashcan...
                        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                        "
                        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                          You may have to get pretty good at flinging phone books at moving targets, though.
                          Heh heh. They should make roach killing an Olympic sport. Hawaii would have an unfair advantage.
                          "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                          "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                          "
                          Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                            LOL

Poor peanut
                            Aww! Peanut was my nickname for a few years recently!!

("Mani" when I was in Costa Rica)
                            Last edited by turtlegirl; October 29, 2008, 09:33 PM.

Comment

OK, October is now unofficially "Big Giant Cockaroach Season"!!

I've been noticing these 'cockrach parties' on my back porch every night for the past 2 weeks, and every night there's more of 'em!

What's up? Is there any reason for October roaches? Has anyone else noticed this? They're huuge!

Comment

TG - you are living in the tropics. Cockroaches just happen. Especially if you're sitting outside, on a warm humid nite. If you plan to live in a tropical climate - you just need to learn to deal with them. I hate it when I get one in my house & have a hard time going to sleep if I know one is there & I haven't killed it yet I tend to have nightmares about bugs crawling all over me in my sleep. So, I'm vigilant and keep that can of Raid very close at hand!

Good luck!
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X