Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know anyone with the same name as a famous person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Know anyone with the same name as a famous person?

While working at Home Depot I ran into Joan Crawford. Nice elderly lady needed help with weed whackers.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by NoCal Boy View Post
      My co-worker's name is Steve Martin. He's the last thing removed from being a Wild and Crazy Guy. He, in turn, has a client named Gene Simmons!

When I was in college we had a fraternity pledge named Paul Newman. He was never referred to as anything but "Paul Newman". Not "Paul", not "Newman", not "Pledge", etc. "Paul Newman". Was hard not to smirk every time you heard it.

Don't want to hijack the topic, but aw geez, I just noticed diamond3121's avatar. We just had a nice round of bagging on Seeking Penance in another thread. Now we have another $C fan athletic supporter here?

YUP ~ I'm a USC FAN ~ My DH is a BAMA Fan. We each have our Pro Teams too.

Doesn't matter where I live or what anyone else has to say about my team I'll always be a FAN!!!!

Comment

I love USC if for only their most awesome radio station, KUSC, circa 1970.

GO TROJAN RADIO!
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          While working at Home Depot I ran into Joan Crawford. Nice elderly lady needed help with weed whackers.
          No More Wire Hangers!

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            How about knowing someone with the same name who's infamous for committing a crime?
            A friend of mine here in Seattle married a man with the same name as someone who killed several people in Hawai`i. I nearly did a double-take when I first met him, as it wasn't long after the crime had been committed.

I went to high school with a guy named Bruce Springsteen, and he was also from New Jersey. We tried to get backstage to see The Boss on the "Born To Run" tour - a crew member took my friend's driver's license backstage to show him, but they still didn't let us in.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              How about knowing someone with the same name who's infamous for committing a crime?
              Knew the infamous James Lounsbery that murdered little Maile Gibert many years ago. This heinous act begat the Maile Alert to help save others from such tragedy.

Coming back home in Ka'a'awa with friends, we actually saw James heading opposite/Kailua bound and pulled over and talked to him, of course not realizing that in a short time he'd become a child killer.
              Had we only known...
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

When I was a newspaper carrier in 1960, one of the subscribers was JACK KENNEDY.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                  what's his name......hhhhhmmmmm Lomi a.k.a Seeking Penance

oh wait....thats me!!!!

Okay, there's a 1st Wahine.
                  Now, there's a 1st Queen.
                  Is there a 1st Muddah?

I'm sorry. I went too far. I'm going to take a hiatus.
                  Last edited by Walkoff Balk; November 14, 2008, 06:37 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Well I met a guy in line at KMart who said he shares his name with a famous person, "Bob Jones", but I did not know of any famous person with that name....
                    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

One of my high school classmates re-married a decade ago to a BOB HOPE (no, she said he's not particularly humorous).

Comment

When I belonged to the Visitors' Bureau in Portland, we had a Betty Davis and a Don Rickles as members.

Comment

I was in seventh grade when a young woman disappeared and was found a week later, dead on Tantalus. During that couple of weeks, her name was on everyone's tongue. There was a girl in my school with the same name. For the next couple of years, whenever there was an assembly or event where members outside the immediate school community were in attendance and her name was called, heads in every direction turned to stare. It was weird, and not just slightly embarrassing. By the time I was a senior and she was a junior, that mostly didn't happen anymore.

I used to carry her books to economics class every day. That didn't pay off (for me).

She's a nurse now because my alma mater rocks.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Barry White ?

Comment

Working...
                            X